Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: We should start local political parties to stop chemophobia and loosen the restrictions against certain chemicals
fusso
International Hazard

mad.gif posted on 27-10-2018 at 13:30
We should start local political parties to stop chemophobia and loosen the restrictions against certain chemicals

There are a lot of common and useful chemicals and solvents out there but many of them are restricted/regulated by laws made by dumb and greedy politicians.:mad:
These chemicals include: H2SO4, nitrates & nitrites, halogenated solvents, H2O2, KMnO4, (per)chlorates, P, I2, etc.
Therefore, to loosen the regulations against them, we should first form local organizations to educate our local citizens, then nominate a member in the organization to enter the legislature via elections to change the laws.

[Edited on 181027 by fusso]

Ubya
International Hazard

Mood: I'm a maddo scientisto!!!

[*] posted on 27-10-2018 at 13:48

sorry but this is funny, you are simplifying things a bit too much.
first, everybody lives in a different country, laws are different, i can buy 5% hydrofluoric acid in a normal supermarket to remove stains, but i can't buy many things, same for many of us, we would elect 1 of us for every country, plus what would be your agenda? "WE WANT MORE CHEMICALS, CHEMICALS ARE GOOD"?

changing a law is not that easy, your idea sounds like "we should make a nuclear reactor, just mine some ore, extract the uranium, build a few gas centrifuges, put some fuel pellets in a kettle of water and bam we are done, weekend project"

---------------------------------------------------------------------
feel free to correct my grammar, or any mistakes i make
---------------------------------------------------------------------
j_sum1
Administrator

Mood: Organised

[*] posted on 27-10-2018 at 14:02

1. Local means a different thing for all of us. This is an international forum.
    2. Local availability of chems and equipment is different for all of us.
    3. Solutions to supply problems are discussed at length here and are actually the source of some of the best chemisrty ideas.
    4. Single-policy political parties are a particularly ineffedctive way to g^t anything done. For reasons that are readily apparent to anyone who cares to study these things.
    5. We have a board policy that excludes discussion of politics. There are reasons for that too.
    6. I'm closing this one.
j_sum1
Administrator
Thread Closed
27-10-2018 at 14:03

Go To Top