Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Lactoferrin conversion Apolactoferrin
Lacto
Harmless

[*] posted on 26-11-2018 at 03:45
Lactoferrin conversion Apolactoferrin

I’d like your opinion on producing Apolactoferrin (iron free) from Lactoferrin. This is the method I have found.(below)
Is this do-able by a back yard amateur chemist? Is it realistic for the scale of 3 kilos lactoferrin for conversion? Other methodologies?
Can anyone recommend a commercial operation that might do it?
Thanks.

Lactoferrin preparation

Apo-bLf (iron free) was prepared from commercial grade pure, endotoxin (LPS) free, native bLf. Briefly, 80 mg/ml native bLf was dissolved in Milli-Q water and iron released by reducing pH to 2.06. The bLf solution was then dialysed in 50 kDa molecular weight cut-off dialysis tubing against 0.1 M citric acid for 48 h and pH adjusted back to 8.0. Fe-bLf (iron-saturated) was prepared by the addition of ferric nitriloacetate (Fe-NTA) to Apo-bLf drop wise until the solution reached a deep red colour indication iron saturation. The Fe-bLf solution was then dialysed against Milli-Q water for 48 h. Protein estimation was performed using the Coomassie Plus (Bradford) Protein Assay (Thermo Scientific) and purification was confirmed via SDS-PAGE (results not shown).
Metacelsus
International Hazard

Mood: Double, double, toil and trouble

[*] posted on 26-11-2018 at 15:06

Getting the proper dialysis tubing on such a large scale might be an issue. Otherwise it seems OK. But how are you going to get the 3 kg lactoferrin to start with? That's a very large scale for a protein.

As below, so above.

My blog: https://denovo.substack.com

Go To Top