Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: [Ask]how to make H3PO4 (85% or above) from P2O5 (55%) fertilizers
devil007
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 1-12-2008 at 14:00
[Ask]how to make H3PO4 (85% or above) from P2O5 (55%) fertilizers

suppose if someone has to make the above solution(H3PO4 85%) , has anyone ever try or can make this?
i was just wondering , since my friend has this(below) fertilizer in his possesion.
And supposedly no other source for h3po4 than this fertilizer

G___more(red colored packs)
with composition of: (in 100grams)
Available Phosphoric Acid(P2O5).........................55%(55g)
Total Nitrogen(N)....................................... ......10%(10g)
-.8,5% Ammoniacal Nitrogen
-.0,5% Nitrate Nitrogen
-.1,0% Urea Nitrogen
Soluable Potash (K2O)......................................10%(10g )
Calcium(Ca)....................................... .............0,05%(50mg)
Magnesium(Mg)..................................... ..........0,1%(100mg)
-.0,1% Chelated Magnesium
Sulfur(S) combinated.......................................0 ,20%(200mg)
Zinc(Zn),Copper(Cu),Boron(B),Iron(Fe),Manganese(Mn )......24%

Please tell swim how to :
A.Make H3PO4 from thie above P2O5?
B.Can other ingredient be forgiving since they're all 10% or less?
C.Can This (P2O5 + H2O solution) be used to make HI?

Is this the right step?
Perhaps :
-.first step = (how?) to extract P2O5 and clean P2O5
-.second step = (how?) to make H3PO4 with right composition
-.Third step = (how?) to make HI from H3PO4

OR

-.First step is to add water to the (entire) powder(fertilizer) to make H3PO4(with other ingredient as forgiving contaminant)
-.Second step is to filter the (supposed to be) H3PO4 that is soluable in water?
-.Third step is to make HI from H3PO4 straight by adding I2 to the water/H3PO4 solution?

OR

-.First step is to add water to the (entire) powder(fertilizer) to make H3PO4(with other ingredient as contaminant)
-.Second step is to filter the (supposed to be) H3PO4 that is soluable in water?
-.Third step is to evaporate the water (in this case 45% of water/solution,since the available phosphoric acid are 55%)
-.Fourth step is then to make HI from H3PO4 by adding I2 to the water/H3PO4 solution?

Thanx a lot for everybody's enlightment,any help with this problem will be very2 appreciated.
vulture
Forum Gatekeeper

[*] posted on 1-12-2008 at 14:04

There is no P2O5 in fertilizer, use some common sense, if there were, fertilizer would soak water straight out of the air and become deliquescent on the shelves.

Also, swimming is not appreciated here.

Oh and please don't poison anyone with whatever you're going to make with that HI (although I have a gut feeling).

One shouldn't accept or resort to the mutilation of science to appease the mentally impaired.
watson.fawkes
International Hazard

[*] posted on 1-12-2008 at 14:46

The P<sub>2</sub>O<sub>5</sub> content in fertilizer is not that molecule itself, but represents an equivalent weight of phosphorus.
Klute
International Hazard

[*] posted on 1-12-2008 at 14:49

Do you mean FILTER H3PO4 from water? You really, really need to do some even dead basic learning before even considering doing this or asking such questions...

Your complete lack of research, recipe demands and obvious disinterest in chemistry apart from aquiring HI really doesn't encourage anyone to give you a answer.

Detritus?

\"You can battle with a demon, you can embrace a demon; what the hell can you do with a fucking spiritual computer?\"

-Alice Parr
starman
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 2-12-2008 at 03:07

You can't find phosphoric acid but iodine is no problem?Theres a number of otc sources for H3PO4,do your own research.Nobody here is likely to give much help.Do some study before you poison yourself and your friends or customers.
devil007
Harmless

[*] posted on 3-12-2008 at 03:59

@Vulture,the packing it self is asirtight seal,and if it opens,the fert will quickly turns to moist,from crystal like,to damp green goey thinggy
and thanx for the swimming thing,and yes,I'mnot going to poison other with this.I'm just curious.

@Watson.fawkes , yes,i've notice that,thats why i,m asking you guy,Is this(extract H3PO4from the above fert) is possible? thats all

@ Klute,no,i mean filter whats not h3po4 out of the water,since the h3po4 supposedly dissolves well,but there is other crap that not dissolves in the water.
And about the detritus,the junk is not yet discovered,since the fert is not being used,yet,so i couldn't see whether the P2O5 useable or not

@starman,why do you says that?I've done my research,I just want to make sure,since this forum are ment to HELP other noob in this kind of problems,or NOT?
"Schoolwork help and beginner questions (not a textbook substitute) "this i qoute from the title of this beginning forum,am i wrong to ask the above question?
by the way,do you own this site,MATE?remember "the freedom of expression",mate?

I'm not going to poison other,just curious what this fert potentially could be alterted or not.

[Edited on 3-12-2008 by devil007]

[Edited on 3-12-2008 by devil007]
woelen
Super Administrator

Mood: interested

[*] posted on 3-12-2008 at 05:17

Please do some more studies. Fertilizer does NOT contain P2O5! Again, fertilizer does NOT contain P2O5!

The phosphorus is present as phosphate and the amount of phosphate only is expressed in terms of amounts of P2O5 which would be needed if the phosphate were made from P2O5.

Just an example: Let's look at an imaginary fertilizer, which consists of K3PO4. This stuff most likely tells on the label that it has a certain percentage of K2O and a certain percentage of P2O5. Theoretically, one could make K3PO4 from K2O and P2O5. For making 100 grams of K3PO4 you would need 66.6 grams of K2O and 33.4 grams of P2O5. Such a fertilizer would be labeled as 33.4% P2O5. But this does NOT mean that it actually contains any P2O5!

Your fertilizer is a lot more complicated and contains many different chemical compounds. If it were made from P2O5, then for each 100 grams of fertilizer you would need 55 grams of P2O5.

Forget about making and isolating H3PO4 from this fertilizer, even with a well-equipped lab it will not be easy at all, with simple household items it will be impossible.

The art of wondering makes life worth living...
Want to wonder? Look at https://woelen.homescience.net
devil007
Harmless

[*] posted on 4-12-2008 at 10:53

Thanx a lot(really) woelen!!
Ick will do much more research of this fert,now that my friend brought the whole 40 packs of them to my attention,and keeping it all here at my small rented room,with given idea of what this fert could do..(I guess i'll show him this page tommorow when he comes here)

I appreciate the replies and sugesstion of all of you.
This shows that you care about noobs here.
any body want to add some suggestion or advice,bout the d@^^ed fert above?
UnintentionalChaos
International Hazard

Mood: Nucleophilic

[*] posted on 5-12-2008 at 10:49

Grow some tomatoes. Tomatoes won't land you in prison, as far as I know. Take your swimming elsewhere.

Department of Redundancy Department - Now with paperwork!

'In organic synthesis, we call decomposition products "crap", however this is not a IUPAC approved nomenclature.' -Nicodem
edouard
Harmless

[*] posted on 13-12-2008 at 05:43

Quote:

Meth lab explosion burns Tenn. man

By Ben Benton
The Chattanooga Times Free Press (Tennessee)

DUNLAP, Tenn. — While one man injured in a meth lab explosion still recovers from burns to his arms and face, two women also charged in the incident remain jailed, Sequatchie County authorities said.

Stanley Stewart, 24, was airlifted from a local trauma center after the fire erupted at a mobile home at 99 Fescue Road about 6:30 p.m. CST Friday, just outside the Dunlap city limits, said Sheriff Ronnie Hitchcock.

Mr. Stewart; Cynthia Morgan, 20; and Juanita Gray, 42, each face charges of manufacturing meth and initiation of the methamphetamine manufacture process, Sheriff Hitchcock said.

"They were trying to cook meth in a one-pot method" using anhydrous ammonia, he said. "It blew up and burned him on his arms and face."

Mr. Stewart could remain in treatment at Vanderbilt Medical Center in Nashville "from two weeks to two months," the sheriff said.

According to sheriff's reports, Dunlap police and fire officials responded to the scene and found evidence of a meth lab.

Deputies took over the investigation since the home was outside of town, reports state.

They found Mr. Stewart at nearby North Valley Medical Center, and he was later transferred to Nashville, reports state.

Assistant District Attorney Steve Strain said Mr. Stewart already has a meth lab case pending, and his current case might proceed later than the two women's.

"We can deal with them separately. He's not our prisoner at this point," Mr. Strain said.

He said the case against Ms. Morgan and Ms. Gray will continue.

"We'll probably take up bond issues and legal representation on Friday," he said.

Copyright 2008 Chattanooga Publishing Company
JohnWW
International Hazard

[*] posted on 13-12-2008 at 08:02

Edouard - That was a damn fool thing to do, that man in TN cooking up methamphetamine in a mobile home used as one's own home, and in a suburban area where anything suspicious would be quickly noticed, AND in a Bible-banging redneck Republican state like TN, AND without wearing protective clothing!

UnintentionalChaos - "Grow some tomatos instead - they won't land you in jail". If you grew a large enough patch of tomatos, out in a rural area, you could get away with planting some marijuana plants in the interior of the patch, and no-one would notice the difference. (And if they were found by the Pigs, you could claim that a trespasser must have planted them).

[Edited on 14-12-08 by JohnWW]

Go To Top