Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Carbohydrazide
MineMan
National Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 5-6-2019 at 15:54
Carbohydrazide

Hello all. I am looking for carbohydrazide. Also known as diaminourea. I know this can easily be made with hydrazine but I don’t have the proper safety equipment...

Can anyone sell me or point me to a US source? Looking for 95 percent or more purity in solid form.

100grams-1kg or more. Thank you!!

Looks like it is affordable.
Elemental Phosphorus
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 20-6-2019 at 07:53

Looks like there is a US water treatment company that sells carbohydrazide. They are named IRO Water and based in Virginia, a few minutes south of Richmond. They also list a Chinese office in Guangzhou, but if you are in the US it's probably better to deal with Richmond. Unfortunately, the smallest size they seem to sell is 25kg, which I assume is a little excessive for small-scale chemistry. Anyway, here's their web page.

https://www.irowater.com/carbohydrazide/

jeff.thomas@irowater.com

Their contact info is at the bottom of the web page. I'm interested in getting some carbohydrazide as well, so if you end up buying a ton, maybe you'd consider reselling 100 or 250 gram portions. Hope this helps.
Keras
National Hazard

[*] posted on 20-6-2019 at 20:54

Why do you fear hydrazine that much? Actually, both NileRed and NurdRage have posted video demonstrating how to synthesise hydrazine sulfate from urea, and hydrazine sulfate is a solid which is not as nearly dangerous and toxic as hydrazine. You should go ahead and then use it to produce your compound!
XeonTheMGPony
International Hazard

[*] posted on 21-6-2019 at 05:04

Quote: Originally posted by Keras  
Why do you fear hydrazine that much? Actually, both NileRed and NurdRage have posted video demonstrating how to synthesise hydrazine sulfate from urea, and hydrazine sulfate is a solid which is not as nearly dangerous and toxic as hydrazine. You should go ahead and then use it to produce your compound!

It is a pain in the rear but it is very reliable, just not great yields.

Use 10% bleach, keep things cold as possible at the start, and worst exposure is the bad smell of musky hay till you convert it to the sulfate.

I've don this reaction several dozen times this last few weeks, got 155grams of the sulfate made.

Hydrazine solution is pretty damned harmless less you are very sloppy in your work.

[Edited on 21-6-2019 by XeonTheMGPony]
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 21-6-2019 at 06:39

I was going to suggest mixing phosgene and hydazine, but apparently that gives side products... ;-)

Someone has to have carbohydrazide available in smaller quantities. Just have to look around.
MineMan
National Hazard

[*] posted on 23-6-2019 at 04:37

Quote: Originally posted by Dr.Bob  
I was going to suggest mixing phosgene and hydazine, but apparently that gives side products... ;-)

Someone has to have carbohydrazide available in smaller quantities. Just have to look around.

Correct me if I am wrong, but how? Back in 2005 one could find al ost any chemical from small suppliers on the web. Now. It seems google ignores these small stores, and if you can’t find them with a search engines they don’t exist...

Anyone have any solutions to this, or is it just the day and age we are in?
carrant
Harmless

[*] posted on 23-6-2019 at 20:03

Santa Cruz Biotechnology has 25g for $35

https://www.scbt.com/scbt/product/carbohydrazide-497-18-7?pr...
MineMan
National Hazard

[*] posted on 25-6-2019 at 23:23

Quote: Originally posted by carrant  
Santa Cruz Biotechnology has 25g for $35

https://www.scbt.com/scbt/product/carbohydrazide-497-18-7?pr...

Good find!

Go To Top