Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: vaginal yeast infection for nitrostyrene reduction to mescaline
karlos³
International Hazard

Mood: oxazolidinic 8)

[*] posted on 14-10-2019 at 10:38
vaginal yeast infection for nitrostyrene reduction to mescaline

Ok this one is a bit weird, it talks about the reduction of a substituted nitrostyrene using the yeast Candida albicans to the amine.
The yeast was in fact obtained from a heavily infected woman.
The paper is in german though, so I translated the specific parts of interest.

Quote:

The preparation of mescaline by microbiological reduction of 3,4,5-tri- methoxy-ß-nitrostyrene with the aid of Candida albicans is described.

Quote:

a) Preparation of Biomass The strain Candida albicans was isolated from the vagina of a patient having an advanced case of candidosis(yeast infection), is cultivated for 60h at 28°C and shaking(amplitude=20cm;frequency=1Hz) in 50cm³ of synthetic yeast nitrogen base(YNB) culture medium(6g/dm³), enriched with D-glucose(20g/dm³). The wet biomass(2g) yield that way is washed thoroughly with physiological solution(3x50cm³), again with 10% EtOH(50cm³), then with 50% EtOH(50cm³) and finally with 96% EtOH(50cm³), and the so treated biomass is dried in the vacuum drying chamber at 40°C.

Quote:

b) Microbiological Reduction Of the dried biomass 0,5g were suspended in 100cm³ of YNB(containing 2g D-glucose). To the suspension was added a solution of 50mg of 3,4,5-Trimethoxy-ß-nitrostyrene in 10cm³ DMSO and the reaction mixture was under anaerobic conditions heated to 60°C for 24h. The insoluble part was centrifuged(15min;1500g) off, the sediment was washed through with a mixture of 1-propanol+ammonia(4:1)(2x50cm³). Supernatant of the residue was extracted with Et2O(3x65cm³) and finally the combined ether as well as the 1-propanol+ammonia extracts werde distilled to dryness. The residue was dissolved into 5cm³ of a mixture of ethyl acetate +pyridine +acetic acid +water(ratio of 5:5:1:3) and the so obtained solution was fractionated on a cellulose column(60x5cm) under utilisation of the same mixture. Of this where 5cm³ of the eluent taken, in which for the presence of an amino group was checked according for [12]. The combined eluent were evaporated using an aspirator vacuum, the remains of solvent again removed using water(3x5cm³), on which the desired mescaline(22mg, 52%), with a melting point of(HCl; MeOH/AcOEt = 182°C);(Picrate; H2O = 222°C) was obtained.

Hope I can get a laugh out of you at least!
But nonetheless, this yeast is a very available species, so it is really applicable as one can isolate from ones mouth.
Everyone carries it around.

Attachment: tmns candida reduction pussyscaline.pdf (1.3MB)
This file has been downloaded 633 times

morganbw
National Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 14-10-2019 at 16:21

The pdf file name made me smile.
SWIM
National Hazard

[*] posted on 14-10-2019 at 18:01

I had always wondered why they didn't use 3,4,5-tri methoxy-2-nitrostyrene in feminine hygiene products.

I guess that's why.

(Okay, so the teratogenic potential and the tendency for it to stain everything it touches bright yellow would have made it a bad choice anyway, but still...)

karlos³
International Hazard

Mood: oxazolidinic 8)

[*] posted on 14-10-2019 at 20:52

You forgot the lachrymatoric properties... not cool on mucus membranes!
stoichiometric_steve
National Hazard

Mood: satyric

[*] posted on 30-11-2019 at 04:28

Something here smells funghi to me - has this been thoroughly peep-reviewed? It may look legit to the unsuspecting speculumtator, but i'm sure it's easy to poke a hole in it.

Jokes aside, will someone join me in research on a flow chemistry setup for this? Henry reaction + bioreduction, that sounds exciting!

[Edited on 30-11-2019 by stoichiometric_steve]
G-Coupled
Hazard to Others

Mood: Slightly triturated

[*] posted on 30-11-2019 at 16:04

Oh, I'm sure The Mail on Sunday would *love* to hear about stimulants made using vagoo fungi. :D
sparkgap
International Hazard

Mood: chaotropic

[*] posted on 30-11-2019 at 17:57

One hopes that one is certain the yeast thus... acquired, is the relatively tame albicans species, and not the recently discovered, and notably virulent auris species. That last one is just not a good player.

sparky (~_~)

"What's UTFSE? I keep hearing about it, but I can't be arsed to search for the answer..."
mayko
International Hazard

Mood: anomalous (Euclid class)

[*] posted on 30-11-2019 at 19:18

I lived with a bunch of crustpunks for a while.... after a summer subsisting on little but Steel Reserve "foties", several of the household had developed thrush in their mouths and throats.

If only we had known ........

al-khemie is not a terrorist organization
"Chemicals, chemicals... I need chemicals!" - George Hayduke
"Wubbalubba dub-dub!" - Rick Sanchez

Go To Top