Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: What Analysis Method to Use???
Steam
Hazard to Others

Mood: Triple Point

[*] posted on 22-1-2020 at 17:32
What Analysis Method to Use???

So after running in circles through google searches I have decided to come here to get some straight answers.
Problem: I wish to measure impurity build up inside a flask of N-Methyl-2-Pyrrolidone which contains 10% by mass phenol. One major problem is that I am not sure what the impurities will be. My guess one of them will be a bisphenol-A type fragment which will leach into the solution, but I am not sure if it will be present or if something else will be crated. Essentially, there is this metal-polymer-ceramic part which is inside the flask which is being tested to see how it withstands the solution. I am most interested in organic species which are leaching out of the polymer or are formed from reactions between the solution with the object or the solution itself.
Required Data: I am looking for species identification, and rough concentration if possible.
Sample Characteristics: Liquid samples up to 30 mL in size.
Additional Remarks: I don't know if this is a thing, but at one point I think I overheard someone talking about HPLC with FTIR finish. I was initially thinking that would be the golden ticket because it would separate out the species and give some ID data as well. However, I have been having quite the time trying to find a lab which offers this service for hire. I am guessing that you all will know of a better way than this though.
Budget: I have a budget of about $1,000 Per sample.

DISCLAIMER: The information in this post is provided for general informational purposes only and may not reflect the current law in your jurisdiction. No information contained in this post should be construed as legal advice from the individual author, nor is it intended to be a substitute for legal counsel on any subject matter. No reader of this post should act or refrain from acting on the basis of any information included in, or accessible through, this post without seeking the appropriate legal or other professional advice on the particular facts and circumstances at issue from a lawyer licensed in the recipient’s state, country or other appropriate licensing jurisdiction.
unionised
International Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 22-1-2020 at 23:23

GCMS
Texium
Administrator
Thread Moved
29-11-2023 at 12:03

Go To Top