Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Decided to join the YouTube game
Bmoore55
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 13-2-2020 at 16:08
Decided to join the YouTube game

https://youtu.be/rdOZQio-KtE

Just thought I would put something out there to see if people think this is good. Let me know what you think!
Abromination
Hazard to Others

Mood: 1,4 tar

[*] posted on 13-2-2020 at 21:47

I thought it was quite good and would like to see more. The production was of good value, the music was well balanced, it was well edited and on topic. Great work!

List of materials made by ScienceMadness.org users:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nmJ8uq-h4IkXPxD5svnT...
--------------------------------
Elements Collected: H, Li, B, C, N, O, Mg, Al, Si, P, S, Fe, Ni, Cu, Zn, Ag, I, Au, Pb, Bi, Am
Last Acquired: B
Next: Na
--------------
draculic acid69
International Hazard

[*] posted on 14-2-2020 at 02:06

EXCELLENT VIDEO.consider me a subscriber (the subscribe button won't do anything no matter how many times I push it this isn't just you though it's all channels)
Anyway keep making them.10/10.also there's a thread "chemistry diamonds on YouTube" where you should copy your link to.apparently your channel has no content yet so u might want to add this vid to it.heres the thread:
https://www.sciencemadness.org/whisper/viewthread.php?tid=66...

[Edited on 14-2-2020 by draculic acid69]
Tsjerk
International Hazard

Mood: Mood

[*] posted on 14-2-2020 at 05:05

Who, is that your own lab? Nice equipment.

I was wondering why you would put the wet "copper carbonate" in a flask, but yes, with a vacuum oven on hand that is the easiest way to go of course. And an XRF? Very nice.

Are you doing mostly inorganic chemistry or also organic?

[Edited on 14-2-2020 by Tsjerk]
Bmoore55
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 14-2-2020 at 08:19

Hey everybody! I'm happy to see that everyone seems to have liked what I did. And thank you Draculic Acid69, I will be sure to copy the link over on that thread.

I will try to answer some questions here. I do own and operate my own analytical lab and I do both organic and inorganic analysis. I typically do material identification, failure analysis, identifying contaminants, and other product development work for various companies and industries. I found myself always watching NileRed, Chemplayer, Explosions&Fire, and all the rest every day and decided I should give it a shot since I have all this equipment. I am planning some organic reactions in the future and I will be using some of my other analytical equipment as I go. Hopefully everyone here will like that as well. Thanks again! And feel free to ask me any other questions you might have.
Tsjerk
International Hazard

Mood: Mood

[*] posted on 14-2-2020 at 15:47

If you do this commercially I think these videos could be a nice marketing strategy when you sell your strong points during the video's. You could use this video without changing the video, only the title and the audience.

Showing people what you do and can do in a visual way helps a lot I think. See how people look at NileRed, Chem player etc. They might not be the best (but good!) chemists, but because of the way they sell their work to the public they are now considered as the standard for some procedures. Before I saw their videos I was always annoyed by people stating "the NileRed method" or the "Chemplay method".

Nice work if you get a generation to think about you in that way.

Where I do see an empty space in general knowledge is characterization though! Characterizarion is difficult for amateurs, but you can apperantly do it! I think you could be a winner when you could correlate/combine your high tech characterizations with low tech characterizations. As a sort of negative contole.

Your video and the structure of it is wonderful. I'm a bit afraid most people will wonder off next time when it takes this long to get to the conclusion... I found it a bit of a thriller, but that is only for a very specific group of people I think Haha.

[Edited on 15-2-2020 by Tsjerk]
Heptylene
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 15-2-2020 at 02:11

Great video, you should definitely make more!
chemplayer...
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 16-2-2020 at 00:47

Always going to give the thumbs up to a video starring Tchaikovsky in the background!

Watch some vintage ChemPlayer: https://www.bitchute.com/channel/chemplayer/
Bmoore55
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 16-2-2020 at 13:07

I figured starting with Tchaikovsky was a safe bet haha

Go To Top