Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Synthesis checks for HMTD
Laboratory of Liptakov
International Hazard

Mood: cool.gif

[*] posted on 9-5-2021 at 08:37

The center of the stump is undamaged. Plus, there's a white powder. If it was 300g HMTD, the stump would be divided into at least 4 pieces up to ground level. And there will certainly be no white spots on the stump. Description is bullshit.

Development of primarily - secondary substances CHP (2015) Lithex (2022) Brightelite (2023) Nitrocelite (2024)
hissingnoise
International Hazard

Mood: Pulverulescent!

[*] posted on 10-5-2021 at 01:56

'Way too easy to accidentally add that extra zero when you're talking about a mere 30 grams...?

Pyro_cat
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 9-6-2021 at 17:52

Quote: Originally posted by katyushaslab  
Multi gram amounts of organic peroxides is asking for accidents, tbh. I'd advise scaling down. You don't need a particularly large amount of HMTD to explore its properties.

Its almost like the stuff was designed to cause accidents.

The way it deflagrates creates this false sense of security that nothing bad is likely to happen. IMO that is its most dangerous property.

Nothing bad happened but I made the mistake early on thinking my small amount in a small container with just a saran wrap top to was safe. That no way pressure could build.

Later experiments I learned confine that stuff at all and it doesn't deflagrate it pops.

A small sub gram pile deflagrates in the open air but just the confinement of a paper cup upside down with some sand on top changes everything.

I put the smallest amount in a pen cap when I was first exploring. I was sloppy and the residue on the outside premature ignition plastic hit me I was bleeding.

hissingnoise
International Hazard

Mood: Pulverulescent!

[*] posted on 10-6-2021 at 02:16

Indeed. This is one news item I'll not forget in a hurry...

https://www.ctvnews.ca/chemistry-student-killed-by-exploding...

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top