Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: EGDN or NG?
danny777
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 23-2-2004 at 05:17
EGDN or NG?

Which is the most explosive of the two? I have a dictionary in chemistry where it says EGDN is much more powerful.
IgnorantlyIntelligent
Moderately Insane

Mood: Unhuman

[*] posted on 23-2-2004 at 06:23

"Which is more explosive" -Danny 777
You can't answer an imcomplete question. Theres VOD, brisance, and something else to measure the ammount of volume of gas it gives off. Also, the type of products given off by an explosive can determine "power".
But to try to answer your question, I think EGDN has a slightly higher VOD but is much more of a pain in the ass to make. Assuming your looking for a new explosive to try, I am a huge fan of NG. Its very easy to make, stable, and powerful enough.

\"People fear from ignorance what they do not have the intelligence to understand\"

\"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, just as it is the spirit of a spiritless situation.\"

\"A fool would rather not question, a soldier is taught not to question, a slave dares not question.\"

\"To fight for nothing is to love nothing, to die for something is to have lived for something.\"
danny777
Harmless

[*] posted on 23-2-2004 at 10:25

ya maybe. Still wondering why EGDN wouldn't be preferred b y the chemical industry though

[Edited on 23-2-2004 by danny777]
vulture
Forum Gatekeeper

[*] posted on 23-2-2004 at 12:16

Too toxic.

Closing this thread, because we're discouraging the practical side of energetic materials.

Feel free to post something if it involves a unorthodox or really new synthesis method.

One shouldn't accept or resort to the mutilation of science to appease the mentally impaired.

Go To Top