Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Anyone else noticed a change to youtube algorithms recently?
j_sum1
Administrator

Mood: Organised

[*] posted on 5-2-2022 at 22:29
Anyone else noticed a change to youtube algorithms recently?

Just over the past two weeks, I have had a lot more chem related videos come across my yt feed. Most are short 5-10 minutes, 6-12 months old from channels with less than 500 subscribers and which I have not come across before.
Seems strange because I was looking for new chem channels a while back and search was pulling up nothing.

I now have a slew of videos to watch and perhaps scan other videos created.

Anyone else have a similar experience?
B(a)P
International Hazard

Mood: Festive

[*] posted on 6-2-2022 at 01:27

Now that you mention it I have experienced the same. I had put it down to being mostly offline for the last 10 months, but maybe something has changed.
Tsjerk
International Hazard

Mood: Mood

[*] posted on 6-2-2022 at 03:22

Same here! Nice.
Syn the Sizer
National Hazard

[*] posted on 6-2-2022 at 14:07

I was actually thinking the same thing, I have added a bunch of "new" channels to my sub list. New in quotes because as you said many are a year or more older some with a decent number of videos.

I also found it weird because like you I am always searching for new chemistry videos and channels.

One thing I did notice in my case anyway was some of the channels seem to have videos made in professional labs and not hobbyists.
neptunium
National Hazard

[*] posted on 6-2-2022 at 17:53

I did noticed a very slight change as well. As a viewer, some new channel have been prioritized over more popular ones and as a creator some of my vids have been posted on other platforms and do received more views, starting around January 5th or so.
sauveurdumonde
Harmless

[*] posted on 7-2-2022 at 05:36

I was surprised to see some videos by a very small YouTuber who was doing his experiment with nuclear gardening- something I've searched for before and never found any real videos. The videos were years old, yet they're being recommended now?

I have also seen some videos recommended that were made by larger creators and they were videos I could've sworn weren't there. Like Cody's "Uranium metal from ore" video, or Nile's "Making Hydrazine" video. And they were years old too.

"There is a shadow of a nation behind you, the hope of a people... yet it may not matter. The Divide still stands against us."

Go To Top