Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: can you help me ?
Mumbles
Hazard to Others

Mood: Procrastinating

[*] posted on 4-3-2004 at 14:54

Different chemicals will dissolve in water and ethanol. The Polar ones will go out in water. I found theres a brown tarry stuff in some of the leaves around my house that come out with water.

I think ethanol will take out some of both. It will dissolve some of the non polar, while the water will not. You might have noticed this with the pepper extract.
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
mordoh
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 4-3-2004 at 15:06

thanks..

any idea about how to transfer the water-ethanol tincture into the skin?
Hermes_Trismegistus
National Hazard

Mood: conformation:ga

sad.gif posted on 4-3-2004 at 23:53
You just apply topically

One thing I can see you are confused on is the reason for the alchohol.

Alchohol serves two purposes

1. dissolves the oils and waxes from the plant material into solution.

2. evaporates the solution off of the skin more quickly than water alone, leaving the active ingredients. (no one likes to be wet for ten minutes after applying something to their skin)

*** alchohol will not appreciably absorb into your skin (on the outside of the bodY)

If it did, your skin would turn black and fall off(necrosis)

Alchohol is very toxic, that's why the amount in your blood is measured in Parts Per thousand and even at that level, you can DIE!

the reason the skin in your stomach survives alchohol poisoning is also complicated, the main reasons are

1. the alchohol does not remain in the cells for very long, Uptake is superfast in your GI tract. it passes through the cell and is whisked away in your blood plasma and lyphatic fluids.

2. The skin in your stomach is particularly tough, and each layer only lasts a matter of hours so damage is extremely temporary.

Your epithelium however would hold the alchohol for longer and toxify more quickly.

If you wish to test this for yourself, simply inject a small amount of ethanol about 3 mm under the skin. A "bruise" of dead tissue will form. Be sure to excise the dead tissue after to prevent a subcutaneous infection. (dead tissue has no immunity to bacteria)

Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics; even if you win: you\'re still retarded.
axehandle
Free Radical

Mood: horny

[*] posted on 5-3-2004 at 03:51

Good. This calms me, since I'm going to party tonight. I won't inject any alcohol in my skin however. Necrosis is very very bad.

/A

Quote:

the reason the skin in your stomach survives alchohol poisoning is also complicated, the main reasons are

1. the alchohol does not remain in the cells for very long, Uptake is superfast in your GI tract. it passes through the cell and is whisked away in your blood plasma and lyphatic fluids.

2. The skin in your stomach is particularly tough, and each layer only lasts a matter of hours so damage is extremely temporary.

Your epithelium however would hold the alchohol for longer and toxify more quickly.

If you wish to test this for yourself, simply inject a small amount of ethanol about 3 mm under the skin. A "bruise" of dead tissue will form. Be sure to excise the dead tissue after to prevent a subcutaneous infection. (dead tissue has no immunity to bacteria)

My PGP key, Fingerprint 5D96 E09E 365D 1867 2DF5 C2FE 4269 9C19 E079 CD35

\"Verbing nouns weirds the language!\"
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top