Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: any suggestions?
Polverone
Now celebrating 21 years of madness

Mood: Waiting for spring

[*] posted on 17-3-2004 at 20:11

Yes, you want to look at theatrical flash powder. It can be purchased (for an arm and a leg), or made from scratch if your teacher is comfortable with handling such sensitive and dangerous mixtures. I believe that search the Google Groups archives of rec.pyrotechnics will provide some theatrical flash formulas.

Do not under any circumstances try to use peroxyacetone (also known as triacetone triperoxide, TATP, or acetone peroxide, AP). When I was a freshman in high school a student tried to do that at my school, and he ended up losing a hand. It's far too sensitive and explosive to be used in a play.

PGP Key and corresponding e-mail address
Vamp
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 17-3-2004 at 20:25
littlebigguy06 is wasting server space

Dude, I don't know much about chemistry. I do however know something about theater. And Actual fireworks are definately not needed, maybe some black cats back stage would be more than adequate. Just do a Home Alome thing with black cats in a pan, and use a strobe light. That would be way easier than trying to mess with homemade stuff, wich is often dangerout, and not to mention hit or miss on weather it will actually work. And you're obviously fairly stupid to play with AP. Holy crap is that stuff dangerous. Not to mention MEKP, but that's a different story. Littlebigguy06, if you read this, get off the site, we don't need idiots like you wasting server space.

[Edited on 18-3-2004 by Vamp]
Turel
Hazard to Others

Mood: Thixotropic

[*] posted on 17-3-2004 at 20:43
Hey

Is that really necessary? Last I checked, there was no mandate in the rules specifying the need for a degree in chemistry to register membership here.

We all share a common interest in chemistry, and that is all that should be expected when someone registers here. Informing someone of their folley and ill readiness is fine and just, but attacking a person's intelligence and commanding them to leave, as if you were some authority able to judge a member's worthiness, is so wrong it is not even funny.

Who do you think you are? If this site did not want amateur experimenters with newfound curiosity and limited but growing knowledge, then it would have much more rigorious admission standards. Do not discourage a young person interested in chemistry, regardless of their reason for interest.

</rant>
littlebigguy06
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 18-3-2004 at 05:10

Quote:
Originally posted by Vamp
maybe some black cats back stage would be more than adequate.... You're obviously fairly stupid to play with AP. Holy crap is that stuff dangerous. Not to mention MEKP, but that's a different story. Littlebigguy06, if you read this, get off the site, we don't need idiots like you wasting server space.

[Edited on 18-3-2004 by Vamp]

We live in IL, fireworks are illegal. And second, thanks alot, if you would have read my previous posts you would now that this is a controlled environment.
Esplosivo
Hazard to Others

Mood: Quantized

[*] posted on 18-3-2004 at 06:44

littlebigguy06 I am just curious. Why the hack are you going to use HEs as 'fireworks' in a play?! Secondly, what form of the cellulose nitrate have you synthesized? If it is the hexanitrocellulose it gives off a big white flash of light when it ignites and is completely unconfined, but note my words, its not worth it. Could you immagine lighting the 'firework' and then see the place go on fire?

Hope you can. Any way good luck lol
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top