Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: T.M.D.D
synth
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 16-9-2002 at 21:30
T.M.D.D

Hey all, i've found this procedure about making TMDD on a website calles flashbangboom(i thought it was from mr.cool or ctrl_c..)

here it is:

10) Tetramethylenediperoxidedicarbamide (T.M.D.D.)

This is a similar explosive peroxide to Hexamethylenetriperoxidediamine (H.M.T.D.)This procedure came from a Swedish text which I had to translate. Before I saw the text, I had never seen another Swedish word, so I can't gurantee 100% accuracy of this translation. I have not yet tried it as I have no formaldehyde right now. I think that the molecule will be less stressed than that of H.M.T.D., resulting in a more stable product, but I'm not sure...

You will need:

16mL of 35% formaldehyde solution,
22mL of 35% hydrogen peroxide (or equivalent),
6g of urea,
10mL of 50% sulphuric acid,
An ice bath,
A fridge,
500mL of distilled water,
250mL of 10% sodium carbonate solution,
(Acetone?),
A thermometer,
A 150mL beaker,
A pipette,
A filter funnel,
A filter paper.

1) Mix the formaldehyde and the hydrogen peroxide in the 150mL beaker, and dissolve the urea in it.
2) Cool it to 5*C in the ice bath, and add the sulphuric acid drop by drop, while stirring with the thermometer and no letting the temperature go above 20*C.
3) After the addition of the acid, put the 150mL beaker of reactants into the fridge for 48 hours.
4) After this time, filter out the crystals of T.M.D.D.
5) While they're in the filter paper, wash the crystals with 100mL of water, then with the 250mL of sodium carbonate solution, then with the remaining 400mL of water.
6) I think the Swedish text said to recrystalise from acetone. So try this, but if it doesn't work then just dry the crystals in a cool, dry place!

-----------

Does anyone has tried this method before? All help is appreciated.

-Synth(mr.evil)
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
Polverone
Now celebrating 21 years of madness

Mood: Waiting for spring

[*] posted on 18-9-2002 at 10:15

I have found very few references to this substance online. I have searched the ACS journals and have come up with no relevant articles either (tried searching for formaldehyde and urea and peroxide). As with all texts of unknown origin, I would suggest you scale the procedure down before attempting it for the first time. I think the flashbangboom website is by Mr. Cool, so you might try asking him if he's tried it.
Madog
Hazard to Others

Mood: lysergic

[*] posted on 21-9-2002 at 13:19

i heard simply RED tried it and it sucked, power close ot that of BP. well, thats just something i heard

Most people outgrow their pyro tendencies, we are the ones who\'s tendencies outgrew us.
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
andreas
Harmless

[*] posted on 22-9-2002 at 01:38

I thought it had about the same power as ap but was very easily dead pressed. I don't know about stability but i would imagine it being more stable than hmtd maybe perfect for salutes.
KABOOOM(pyrojustforfun)
Hazard to Others

Mood: exuviating!

[*] posted on 22-10-2002 at 18:06

does any body know if Insoluble urea-formaldehyde (probably polymerized) could be dissolved or decomposed by something. (I had a TMDD batch which was not cooled and got hot)
its impurity is so much that when a sample is exposed to flame it just turns black but pops on some spots. the procedure I used is on carbamide peroxide topic. I just didn't want to go out of topic so took my question here
shadeT
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 5-9-2003 at 06:11

today i made tmdd on mr cool's method ( it needs now to stay for few days in the fridge ). i need some more information on this .. did anyone else tried it ??
sylla
Alchimiste Belge Notoire

[*] posted on 6-9-2003 at 11:14

I tried it but it was not really interessing... It burns like all organic peroxid :/

(Hard to dry if not washed properly due to the H2SO4)

It's not a constructive critic but I just say what I think about it :p I only did it for the synth, not for the product

EDIT: Mr Cool's translation is correct :p I've asked a swedish dude ^^

[Edited on 6-9-2003 by sylla]
shadeT
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 7-9-2003 at 04:36

tmdd is now drying . can somebody tell me the sensetivity of this ? i will do some tests but need info .

Go To Top