Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Dinitrophenol Standard Purity
tempmale
Unregistered

[*] posted on 20-4-2004 at 13:01
Dinitrophenol Standard Purity

Folks,

I have researched the sale of 2,4-dinitrophenol for research. I have found numerous suppliers that will provide DNP with a min. 99% assay (none less that 97% min.). Though that 1% is minimal, I do not know what to expect as far as what chemical make-up that 1% of impurity has. I also don't want to order 150 Kg of the stuff.

I found another site that allows me to order DNP in 500 g increments, but the stat sheet on the chemical states that it has a min. assay of 90%. I went ahead and ordered it because it was the easiest and quickest route to getting the substance to my house.

I have read that the impurities may be made up of sulfuric ash...the same stuff that is left in an engine after the oil burns off...but I can't find a source to second that notion.

Does anyone know what the chemical make-up of the potential 10% of impurities of 2,4-dinitrophenol might be?

Either way, might anyone know how I go about purifying the 2,4-dinitrophenol to be as close to 100% assay as possible?

[Edited on 20-4-2004 by tempmale]
vulture
Forum Gatekeeper

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 20-4-2004 at 13:21

Let me guess, you're going to sell this stuff to bodybuilders?

One shouldn't accept or resort to the mutilation of science to appease the mentally impaired.
Wolfram
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 22-4-2004 at 12:44
Oh please!!!

Oh please!!!
IF anyone should use shit oraly it should at least be refined to medical purity and I dont think anyone here could do this at home.
I think you would be a much less risk to peoples health if you were selling heroine to them instead of DNP.

Go To Top