Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: I2 and Toluene frustrations
Saerynide
National Hazard

Mood: Ionic

[*] posted on 25-5-2004 at 01:25

Hmph.... No one at the store knew what teflon tape was nor have they ever heard of glass wool. wtf... :mad:

"Microsoft reserves the right at all times to monitor communications on the Service and disclose any information Microsoft deems necessary to... satisfy any applicable law, regulation or legal process"
thunderfvck
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 25-5-2004 at 01:57

ha!

Glass wool. I can understand. I haven't seen that stuff before.

But teflon tape! My god, were these people born in caves? It's simply barbaric.

Organikum
resurrected

Mood: busy and in love

[*] posted on 25-5-2004 at 05:27

ROTFL !!!!!!!!!!!!

Thunderfuck, you made my day.
Why?
Ask vulture.............

Irgendwas is ja immer
axehandle
Free Radical

Mood: horny

[*] posted on 25-5-2004 at 05:44

Quote:

Hmph.... No one at the store knew what teflon tape was nor have they ever heard of glass wool. wtf... :mad:

The do insulate the walls of houses where you live, right? Either they don't or you just happened to ask an extraordinarily retarded store clerk. Try asking for "rockwool". It's sometimes called that. Either that or I suppose I could send you some glass wool... but I simply can't believe it would be impossible to find, anywhere in the world.

edit: Btw, has anyone seen my roll of 0.5mm Nichrotal-80 wire? I know it's somewhere around here ...... oh, no.... wait. Ah.

[Edited on 2004-5-25 by axehandle]

My PGP key, Fingerprint 5D96 E09E 365D 1867 2DF5 C2FE 4269 9C19 E079 CD35

\"Verbing nouns weirds the language!\"
Saerynide
National Hazard

Mood: Ionic

[*] posted on 25-5-2004 at 06:03

I tried asking for "insulation" material too, but I just realized, no one here knows what insulation is... its 33C all year round, houses arent insulated here :(

I'll try aquarium stores or something later.

"Microsoft reserves the right at all times to monitor communications on the Service and disclose any information Microsoft deems necessary to... satisfy any applicable law, regulation or legal process"
vulture
Forum Gatekeeper

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 25-5-2004 at 10:28

Search for yourself. Asking store clerks will get you nowhere, because they're usually the lowest common denominator these days.

I found out when I stopped asking, became a bonehead and searched for myself. Guess what, I found what I was looking for.

Would you work your ass off for 10$ a day? Didn't think so...

Meanwhile, this thread is getting WAAAAAYY off topic.

One shouldn't accept or resort to the mutilation of science to appease the mentally impaired.
Organikum
resurrected

Mood: busy and in love

[*] posted on 15-6-2004 at 08:56

Quote:

Meanwhile, this thread is getting WAAAAAYY off topic.

Yes thats actually true. Did I tell you already how fucking hot it is here these days and about the evil storm we had lately? No? Ok, its REALLLLLLY hot here nowadays, but I believe I told this already before...

btw. Photocatalyzed brominations work well with usual light and there is no problem with thick flasks. And chlorinations prefer BLUE light but hey, I did it with a 500W halogen lamp and it worked like a charm!
For chlorinations the temperature should exceed 85°C, but boiliong is not necessary. Lower temperatures favor ringchlorination. I would extrapolate that same is true for brominations, yep.

To the storm: It was such a cruel storm that really BIG trees in park were broken down, I bneliebve trees are not the same quality as the were in the past. But regarding the fact that these trees were quite old I might be wrong here. At least the 2000 years old oak survived - thats a good sign for the future I hope!

Saerenide, you might consider to think. Yes thats what men do with their head and what makes them look so stupid!
Not only isolation from the cold is needed in this world, but insulation from hot parts is also very interesting. Boilers for example. Yes "HOT WATER". Boilers are mostly insulated to keep the water hot. With glasswool for example.
Teflon tape is often plain called "plumbers tape". Have a look.

And it was raining. Streams of water coming down from the sky and the wind was blowing sooo hard that the water came in EVERYWHERE! At least everywhere where I had forgotten to close the window.

Did you recover your iodine now vulture?

ORG
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top