Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Lab Glassware Identification Guide
Fishman Jack
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 21-12-2012 at 15:13
Lab Glassware Identification Guide

About 5 years ago I wrote and with the availability of non-copyrighted illustrations (especially from ancient lab supply catalogs (which I collect)) illustrated a sprial-bound, 8½" x 11" book "Pictorial Guide to Laboratory Glassware and how it is used". It is in its 3rd edition, and as I am sure you can guess I am always finding new pieces that I need to add. This ediution includes an evaluation guide to aid thos who buy and sell glassware (especially on eBay). I started this because of my love of lab glass and my early experiences as the glassblower for the UMKC chemistry department during my tenure there as an undergraduate. Another incentive was the never ending listings on eBay for "beakers" and "tubes" by folks who have no idea what they actually are selling. I must say, I have been able to make some grear buys because of misidentifications and very low prices. I now sell this book on CD-ROM in Adobe PDF format (http://stores.intuitwebsites.com/beaglewebstore/-strse-2731/...).

Cover.jpg - 140kB

JFK
Hexavalent
International Hazard

Mood: Pericyclic

[*] posted on 24-12-2012 at 09:49

Have you a SM exclusive chapter/section?:P

"Success is going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm." Winston Churchill
Bezaleel
Hazard to Others

Mood: transitional

[*] posted on 8-1-2013 at 03:28

I guess it's in appendix M - Mad Glassware ;)

Go To Top