Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Recommended book on the ftp
Organikum
resurrected

Mood: busy and in love

[*] posted on 27-8-2004 at 12:04
Recommended book on the ftp

I downloaded the book (dissertation) on reactive distillation from the ftp, Richard Baur - Modeling Reactive Distillation Dynamics (from the upload directory).

First I want to say thanks to the person who uploaded it.

Second I want to recommend it to everybody interested in technochemistry. The reactive distillation concept offers a way to run with a comparable simple setup gasphase reactions which called up to now for flow-reactors (tube style mostly) with complicated separation and/or recirculating of unreacted substrates.

So are for example gas-phase Friedel-Crafts reactions now well in reach, avoiding polyalkylation and polymerisation of certain substrates.

But of course the scope of this principle is a much a bigger one - have a look for yourself.

The technical realisation is astounding simple: A Hempel, a tube and a condensor. Two straight vacuum adaptors or similar for the feed and some temp. controlled heating/cooling at the tube - the "reaction zone" and the distillation - Hempel part.

Its a continous process and this for it doesnt call for an very big apparatus and the rather small volume of the reaction zone provides an immense win in security with strongly exothermic reactions.

There are easy understandable drawings in the book. For the Friedel-Crafts look for "cumene".

Very promising. No universal weapon but more than just useful. Everybody to jump in here with practical work is highly welcome.

ORG

Irgendwas is ja immer
Texium
Administrator
Thread Moved
19-11-2023 at 10:13

Go To Top