Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Nitrohydrazine synthesis
madscientist
National Hazard

Mood: pyrophoric

[*] posted on 1-11-2002 at 13:07
Nitrohydrazine synthesis

Nitrohydrazine, NH2NHNO2, would obviously be an extremely powerful explosive compound. I'm thinking that it could prepared by reacting nitrourea, NH2CONHNO2, with Ca(OCl)2 (Hofmann elimination).

The azide salt of nitrohydrazine would be an amazingly powerful explosive.

NH2NHNO2*HN3 ----> 3N2 + 2H2O

It would also be interesting to try reducing nitrohydrazine, yielding NH2NHNH2 (which would obviously be quite unstable).

I weep at the sight of flaming acetic anhydride.
Boob Raider
Harmless

Mood: Picros

[*] posted on 1-11-2002 at 19:15
Check out

some possibilities that I posted in the simple energetic materials thread by the cluster. Although it is very possible to prepare nitro hydrazine with bleach.

\"Go down in a Blaze of Glory\"
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
snop
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 2-12-2002 at 12:45
:))))

NHN:
robimy roztwór 8% azotanu niklu(100ml).
po³owê jego wlewamy do kolby i dodajemy 50 ml wody(czyli mamy 100ml roztworu)
nastêpnie roztwór podgrzewamy do 60C
wkraplamy do niego jednoczeœnie 2 roztwory:50 ml 8% azotanu niklu(ta druga po³owa z tych 100ml, zrobiona wczeœniej)
oraz 7ml N2H4*H2O(>80% stê¿enie)
po wkropleniu mieszamy jeszcze 10 minut , filtrujemy i przemywamy wod¹ destylowan¹ ,a nastêpnie etanolem i suszymy .
wydajnoœæ (ciemnofioletowy proszek)ko³o 11g
w³asnoœci:
b. ma³o wra¿liwy na tarcie, nie reaguje z metalami, miedzi¹ ,stal¹, glinem itp.
nie hydrolizuje,
mo¿na go stosunkowo bezpiecznie prasowaæ na sucho
luŸno usypany (z pó³ ³y¿ki od herbaty)tylko siê pali od podpalenia(choæ jak kto ma pecha to mo¿e wybuchn¹æ )
ogólnie jest fajnym materia³em...
:cool::cool::cool:

FRIEND FROM POLAND :-)
http://forum.pirotechnika.one.pl/
vulture
Forum Gatekeeper

[*] posted on 2-12-2002 at 14:58

Thanks, that is really useful information from you AGAIN....

One shouldn't accept or resort to the mutilation of science to appease the mentally impaired.
kingspaz
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 2-12-2002 at 15:01

might be better if you post in our language...:o
madscientist
National Hazard

Mood: pyrophoric

[*] posted on 2-12-2002 at 15:29

Please post in English.

I weep at the sight of flaming acetic anhydride.
BASF
Hazard to Others

Mood: hydrophilic

[*] posted on 2-12-2002 at 20:11

erhm..my sense of humor for postings like this is limited.
This messy translation was generated using
http://www.poltran.com/pl.php4

NHN We make solution 8% 100 -ml nickel ( ) azotanu. For (after) & # 179; & # 234 ow; for flask (butt) wlewamy and we add 50 ml of water ( or 100 -ml of solution mum < have > ) & # 234 nast; we heat up trunks for for it (him) solution & # 339 60C wkraplamy jednocze; for (after) this second (other) not 2 ml 8% nickel ( & # 179 roztwory:50 azotanu; that of it 100 -ml, made & # 339 wcze; ) and 7 -ml * ( > 80% st. & # 234 N2H4 H2O; & # 191; we blend for (after) 10 minutes ) else enie wkropleniu, we filter and we wash & # 185 wod; & # 185 destylowan; but & # 234 nast; trunk < climb > etanolem and we dry. Efficiently & # 339; & # 230; smokes powder ( ) & # 179 ciemnofioletowy ko; about in (to) & # 179 11g; & # 339 asno; it ex-. Has & # 179; about & # 191 wra; on friction liwy, it does not react with metals, copper & # 185; steel & # 185; aluminum etc. not hydrolizuje, & # 191 mo; on him (it) relatively safely press & # 230; on drily & # 376 lu; but with (from) ( & # 179 usypany pó; & # 179; & # 191 y; from tea silicium ) only & # 234 ki; it smokes how (as) who from arson ( & # 230 cho; & # 185 e wybuchn; & # 230; stuff is great ) generally & # 179; em.

It guess you are describing a meth starting with hydrazine hydrate.....
I strongly recommend you to post in english and it is very unlikely that we will all succeed in learning polish in the nearer future.

HLR

PHILOU Zrealone
International Hazard

Mood: Bis-diazo-dinitro-hydroquinonic

[*] posted on 13-3-2003 at 06:27

I don't know polish; but I think the receipe is for Ni(NH2-NH2)3(NO3)2 complexe that is a powerful relatively unsensitive (except to flame) primary and that detonates at 7km/s with a good brisance when confined!

It involves reaction of NH2-NH3OH in ethanol and Ni(NO3)2 in ethanol too what seems to be refered in the polish text!
But this has nothing to do with the tread; the guy obviously don't know english!

Anyway:
NH2-NH-NO2 from hoffman elimination of Nitrourea is rather unlikely because no N-N link can be made that way!
Also the possible existance of the stuff is reduced owing to disproportionation:
NH2-NH-NO2 <--> ON-NH-NHOH <--> N2O + NH3OH

PH Z (PHILOU Zrealone)

"Physic is all what never works; Chemistry is all what stinks and explodes!"-"Life that deadly disease, sexually transmitted."(W.Allen)
KABOOOM(pyrojustforfun)
Hazard to Others

Mood: exuviating!

[*] posted on 15-3-2003 at 18:41

<a href="http://www.turpion.org/php/paper.phtml?journal_id=mc&paper_id=58">The interaction of N2O5 with trimethylsilyl derivatives of functionally substituted hydrazines has for the first time resulted in the formation of nitrohydrazines; the relationship of the nitrohydrazine stability with the nature of the functional group and the molecular geometry is established.</a>

<a href="http://web.utk.edu/~adcock00/g531fs11.pdf">information on nitrogen compounds</a>

Triazane (N3H5) and cyclic triaziridine (N3H3) have been synthesized in the form of silver complexes, but neither of them have been isoiated as free molecules:
<a href="http://www.chem.wayne.edu/schlegel/Pub_folder/152.pdf">Structural details on triazane(=aminohydrazine, in industry triazane means melamine so don't confuse) and triaminoammonia.</a>
PHILOU Zrealone
International Hazard

Mood: Bis-diazo-dinitro-hydroquinonic

[*] posted on 24-3-2003 at 06:51

NH2-NH-NO2 <--> ON-NH-NHOH <--> N2O + NH2OH

It is better so!

Possible that substitued hydrazine may make nitramino kind of molecules but not plain NH2-NH2!
By the way the reaction between formol and hydrazine hydrate yield amongst other:
CH CH
NH N NH
NH N NH
CH CH

PH Z (PHILOU Zrealone)

"Physic is all what never works; Chemistry is all what stinks and explodes!"-"Life that deadly disease, sexually transmitted."(W.Allen)

Go To Top