Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: I really am clueless for this one... (Japan)
Duster
Hazard to Self

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 21-8-2005 at 20:28
I really am clueless for this one... (Japan)

Where on earth... Let me rephrase... Where in JAPAN can I get chemicals?

Around where I work I see tons of cans of what appears to be solvents, but of course, its all Japanese. Im only going to be here for a few years, but regardless, I would like to conduct at least small reactions while here.

Im thinking of getting a small glassware set (I have a 24/40 distillation setup back home, but thats too much for me to bring here, at least right now... Im hoping to get a 14/20 setup)

Im a few hours south of Tokyo right now, but with the train system I can get to well past Tokyo and back in a day...

Basically, Im just lost. Plus, I dont even know the laws regarding chemistry here. Of course before I do anything I would find out, but Im assuming there has to be some reactions that are legal to preform...

So, any suggestions? I havent seen a hardware store, I havent seen a hydroponics store, I havent seen a chemistry supply house, I havent even seen anything resembling a walmart for crying out loud...

However there are hobby supplies (that is, acetone, and MEK paint thinner for model paints and the like)...

Of course internet sales would work too (for the most part), but if I could buy locally, I would prefer that...

*sigh* I think I may be restricted to making distilled water hah

Edit: Changed 19/22 to 14/20

[Edited on 22-8-2005 by Duster]

Duster

Go To Top