Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: metallic ions and OH-
twutt
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 19-10-2005 at 09:20
metallic ions and OH-

hi there.. i think i need some advice for some netto reactions between metallic ions and OH-..

what will be the reactions if the solutions of the following gets mixed?

1) CaCl2 and NH3
here i think it is: Ca2+ + 2 OH- = Ca(OH)2

2) FeCl3 and NH3

3) Mg(NO3)2 and NH3

4) FeCl3, NH3 and NH4CL

5) Mg(NO3)2, NH3 and NH4CL
Nothing (or at least no visible reaction)..

and an fast answer would be nice, it shall be delivered in 15 hours.. :P

[Edited on 19-10-2005 by twutt]
denatured
Hazard to Others

Mood: HCl 50%?

[*] posted on 19-10-2005 at 09:41

I am afraid that you got this forum wrong.... thats like vulture said before that is not a homework generator.

I don't have business with moderating threads.... but none will reply .... so i am telling you CHOOSE your questions and use the great search engine ....

Quote:

and an fast answer would be nice, it shall be delivered in 15 hours

In 15 years you shall get an answer ....

FPMAGEL
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 21-10-2005 at 01:05

I'am more Phys than Chem, but i will give it ago, hopefully it will point you in the right direction.
"CaCl2 and NH3 here i think it is: Ca2+ + 2 OH- = Ca(OH)2 "
Ca ++ -OH -Cl that is --Cl plus H20== H2 & OH = --OH. -NH3 , if it was NH4 they will be two negtive charges, if you had say another fuel it might work.

"I don't have business with moderating threads.... but none will reply .... so i am telling you CHOOSE your questions and use the great search engine .... "

And i could tell some nice hackers your isp and ip. Stop fucking around with shit like that, or see what happens when you have to replace the cmos chip because it fries you hard drive with %ffffffffffsdfsdf4 ever time you fdisk it.

[Edited on 21-10-2005 by FPMAGEL]

12AX7
Post Harlot

Mood: informative

[*] posted on 21-10-2005 at 02:07

It does say homework help on the forum description. Asking any forum for answers is frowned upon universally, but if you phrase your question in such a way as to show a desire to learn the answer and, more importantly, how to get there, then you may well get the help you desire.

Which reminds me, the answer is 42. Put that down on your test, it's the correct answer, and your teacher will be awed.

Unless of course you would like to scan through a textbook on inorganic chemistry / ions in solution and prove me wrong. But that's your decision...

Tim

Seven Transistor Labs LLC http://seventransistorlabs.com/
Electronic Design, from Concept to Layout.
Need engineering assistance? Drop me a message!
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
FPMAGEL
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 21-10-2005 at 02:20

"Unless of course you would like to scan through a textbook on inorganic chemistry / ions in solution and prove me wrong. But that's your decision... "
true ,but how do you know they are not going to put in the time.If they want to be a vegtalbe when they leave school, its there choice, we can at least tell them its different from high school.

A eye for a eye, in most cases.

Go To Top