Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: Collected threads re: Dr. Yong & related topics
aga
Forum Drunkard

[*] posted on 4-10-2015 at 14:34

Right move IMHO - the thread i mean.

UK does similar with Imp[ortant stuff, which is why this thread is particularly annoying.

Dr Yong either tried to sell the results after getting the £, or something likel that.

UK gov would simply have erased his ass if it were something New, or serious.

Marvin
National Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 4-10-2015 at 14:37

I was going to remark he was lucky to not be subject to extraordinary rendition, but yes Bert, that, very much that.

Edit,

Aga, nothing like that. He bought a large amount of ammonium nitrate and put it in some sort of lock up, and was duly arrested when it was reported. His alibi for needing it fell through when the company staff (mistakenly, it seems) reported to the police that the design for the blood fridge didn't use ammonium nitrate.

[Edited on 4-10-2015 by Marvin]
jtate
Harmless

[*] posted on 5-10-2015 at 00:21

Quote: Originally posted by aga  
OK.

Fed up with this now.

The Facts please, and not the embellished bullshit.

1. What and where gained are Dr.Yong's qualifications ?
2. What was he Contracted to do - based on sight of the actual contract.
3. How much was he paid, as in actual monies received by him.
4. At what point in the contract did the police get involved (i.e. how many months).

Many more questions, however answers to those will do for starters.

This not a real Court.

I believe Dr. Yong is a PhD in aeronautical engineering from Imperial College. The police confirmed his qualifications with the university during the course of the proceedings, according to the documents I have.

Aga, he was contracted to build a portable blood fridge to mitigate the death of British soldiers through exsanguination. The agreed work was practical in nature and required the construction of an actual technology demonstrator. The device AFAICS involved keeping blood packs in an insulated chamber cooled by the controlled hydration of ammonium nitrate if temperatures went too high.

He was not paid for this contract. Dstl does not pre-fund any expenditure, he sunk his own money into it and after he got raided by the police Dstl cooked up trite reasons for not paying him a dime. I've seen the contract termination letters and the reasons kept changing and are non-sensical. For example one reason given was that he didn't deliver the deliverables on time, but there are three "stop work until further notice" emails from Dstl prior to that which Dr. Yong followed.

The contract commenced on Oct 8 2012. The police got involved soon afterwards. The official reason was his purchase of ammonium nitrate, but the actual reason was his informing Dstl, at their request for security risks to the British public, of how to make a DIY nerve gas generator using readily available equipment.
jtate
Harmless

[*] posted on 5-10-2015 at 00:23

Quote: Originally posted by Marvin  
I was going to remark he was lucky to not be subject to extraordinary rendition, but yes Bert, that, very much that.

Edit,

Aga, nothing like that. He bought a large amount of ammonium nitrate and put it in some sort of lock up, and was duly arrested when it was reported. His alibi for needing it fell through when the company staff (mistakenly, it seems) reported to the police that the design for the blood fridge didn't use ammonium nitrate.

[Edited on 4-10-2015 by Marvin]

Dstl is the R&D part of the UK Ministry of Defence. They aren't just any company, they are part of the Crown.
Marvin
National Hazard

[*] posted on 5-10-2015 at 04:27

jtate, what do you actually want?
Bert
Super Administrator

Mood: " I think we are all going to die. I think that love is an illusion. We are flawed, my darling".

[*] posted on 5-10-2015 at 05:39

Who are you?

What do you want?

Where are you going?

http://youtu.be/3aEH2v4_b4E

Rapopart’s Rules for critical commentary:

1. Attempt to re-express your target’s position so clearly, vividly and fairly that your target says: “Thanks, I wish I’d thought of putting it that way.”
2. List any points of agreement (especially if they are not matters of general or widespread agreement).
3. Mention anything you have learned from your target.
4. Only then are you permitted to say so much as a word of rebuttal or criticism.

Anatol Rapoport was a Russian-born American mathematical psychologist (1911-2007).

aga
Forum Drunkard

[*] posted on 5-10-2015 at 08:55

Quote: Originally posted by jtate  
the actual reason was his informing Dstl, at their request for security risks to the British public, of how to make a DIY nerve gas generator using readily available equipment.

OK. So blood fridge contract etc are all just background Noise.

The issue is therefore 'none-of-the-above' but the Contract for the 'Security Risk Evaluation'.

Does such a Contract exist or was the work undertaken ad-hoc in the hope to sell the results to the MoD ?

[Edited on 5-10-2015 by aga]

Little_Ghost_again
National Hazard

Mood: Baffled

[*] posted on 8-10-2015 at 01:57

Long read but I think I get it. The Dr had ammonium Nitrate which is not legit for anyone to have in the uk in small amounts. You can have large amounts but you need a reason.
So the Dr had large amounts for a fridge project/contract, this got stopped after he got the chems to do the job. In the mean time he was asked to identify security risks , in other words he was asked can you think of any ways that bad people wanting to do a lone wolf attack could do it in a way that causes a large amount of carnage.
He was working on this and for a reason I suspect had to do with probably getting screwed over for the fridge design, upset some on in the MOD.
So they arranged for PLOD to turn up at the place they would have known he had the ammonium nitrate, they saw ammonium nitrate and panicked (trust me I see this happen!). So the Dr says its ok guys I was/am/might still be working on a blood fridge that uses this stuff to cool it down. PLOD goto the MOD and ask if they fridge contract with the Dr, MOD say yes we do/did. PLOD ask does this fridge use the terrifying chemical ammonium nitrate?
MOD say NO mate it uses sodium Hydroxide to cool it down.
PLOD being PLOD then get CPS involved and the guy is bent over and arse fucked for no reason, except for two things I can see. 1) The MOD dont pay for things until delivered unless you have a mate at the top table in GOV or house of lords or you want to build a train set. So I suspect the actual argument that got him attention was his pestering them to pay him for work he did, but the MOD didnt want to pay, he made a fuss so they simply sent PLOD around.
The firearm thing dont get a gun in your mind, the device for spraying a nerve agent would be classed as a firearm. Most on here are probably thinking the Dr had a gun that got found, but from reading the papers and looking a bit deeper the firearms offense relates to the device he built to show them how an attack could be conducted.
The thread is badly put together and you have not released some of the facts, I can understand why but it wont help.
Many people have a LAB next to a property, my dad is one, ok its not a garage and we live on a farm type place not residential area. But he does it that way for security, far less chance to get burgled or whatever here than on an industrial estate.
In short The guy was stitched up, the real problem came when the CPS made a mistake. I dont know the reasons why but whenever they fuck up they go balls out to cover up, its almost like if you work for the CPS and make a mistake then they murder you, I cant think of any reason why the CPS do it every time. Surely cant be simple arrogance and pride that makes them behave like this.

For the record next year in the UK the shit hits the fan, you have no legal reason to hold many chemicals, this is why we are having a EU in/out vote. If we stay in the EU then the new regs are in conflict with EU law, if we vote out then the new regs are lawful. For chemists some of you need to start reading the small print of the new regs coming next year. Not just the pdf's put out but the actual wording of the statute.
Next year make nitric acid in the UK and you are Dr Yong

Dont ask me, I only know enough to be dangerous
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top