Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: u2u frustrations
chemrox
International Hazard

Mood: LaGrangian

[*] posted on 17-3-2016 at 16:54
u2u frustrations

I tried replying to two u2u messages and got kicked out on number two. Since the pop-up harasses me to open the messages until I do something with them the limitations seem bothersome. I love the forum but this issue needs fixing.

"When you let the dumbasses vote you end up with populism followed by autocracy and getting back is a bitch." Plato (sort of)
j_sum1
Administrator

Mood: Organised

[*] posted on 17-3-2016 at 16:59

Yeah. The time-lag between U2Us is annoying. But I get why it is there. U2U does not cope well when sending to multiple recipients -- also annoying if there are more than a couple involved in a discussion.

The pop-up nag can be disabled or set to only open when on the main screen. So at least you can manage that feature as you see best.

chemrox
International Hazard

[*] posted on 17-3-2016 at 18:20

The pop-up nag can be disabled or set to only open when on the main screen. So at least you can manage that feature as you see best. That sounds good-how?

"When you let the dumbasses vote you end up with populism followed by autocracy and getting back is a bitch." Plato (sort of)
Volanschemia
Hazard to Others

Mood: Pretty much all of them!

[*] posted on 17-3-2016 at 18:25

Click on User Control Panel -> Edit Profile
There is a setting labelled "U2U alert feature", click the drop down box and change it to "On Index Only". :D

"The chemists are a strange class of mortals, impelled by an almost insane impulse to seek their pleasures amid smoke and vapor, soot and flame, poisons and poverty; yet among all these evils I seem to live so sweetly that may I die if I were to change places with the Persian king" - Johann Joachim Becher, 1635 to 1682.
j_sum1
Administrator

Mood: Organised

[*] posted on 17-3-2016 at 18:26

{user control panel}{edit profile}{U2U alert feature}

Edit
Post interpreted as code.

Twice

Crap. Ninja'd by someone who can type!

[Edited on 18-3-2016 by j_sum1]

chemrox
International Hazard

[*] posted on 5-4-2016 at 11:53

Here's another one: when I tried opening a viewthread link in u2u I got sent to the login page. After logging back in the link was no longer active so I was sent to the main page. The only thing I haven't tried is copying the url for the viewthread and pasting it onto the main page url. This shouldn't be happening and I'm wondering if it's a firefox, add-on issue or the forum links are messed up. I will continue researching this for the good of the order but I'd like to hear if anyone else has run into this.

On another matter: "4-shared../" is a travesty!!! Please share whole pdfs or links that don't track. Tor is great but pasting urls into the Tor address bar is a hassle and Tor is awfully slow. If you use firefox, Tor add-on doesn't work. You have to open the Tor browser and use it independently.

chemrox
International Hazard

[*] posted on 5-4-2016 at 12:19

I said, "The only thing I haven't tried is copying the url for the viewthread and pasting it onto the main page url. "
I tied it no joy.

Capture.JPG - 14kB

more data: I tried pasting the viewthread into chrome (I keep it for last resorts) and had the exact same issue.

[Edited on 6-4-2016 by chemrox]

Volanschemia
Hazard to Others

Mood: Pretty much all of them!

[*] posted on 5-4-2016 at 21:00

What server do you use? If you are using the https server and you click on a http link, you will have to log in again. Vise versa applies too.

eg. You are logged in under the https server. You click on a link: http://www.sciencemadness.org/talk/xxxxxx
You will have to log in again.

You can remedy this by changing the link (in your address bar) to https://www.sciencemadness.org/whisper/xxxxxx

"The chemists are a strange class of mortals, impelled by an almost insane impulse to seek their pleasures amid smoke and vapor, soot and flame, poisons and poverty; yet among all these evils I seem to live so sweetly that may I die if I were to change places with the Persian king" - Johann Joachim Becher, 1635 to 1682.

Go To Top