Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Synthesis of Hydroxynorketamine
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 16-12-2016 at 17:39

The route to norketamine above looks pretty reasonable. The SM, 1-bromo-2-chlorobenzene, is not too expensive, nor is cyclohexaneone. The Sharpless Dihydroxylation is not trivial, but is at least catalytic in the chiral part, and the Ritter reaction uses ACN, NaCN, and H2SO4, which are pretty cheap. So that part all looks doable. You might even be able to stop the Ritter at the acetamide, which keeps the amine protected for the next steps. Oxidizing the other hydroxyl to the ketone is not too hard, although I am wondering if that hydroxyl could be used for directing the installation of the other hydroxyl group.

The toughest part I see is the addition of the hydroxyl group, if there was a practical way to perhaps short cut from the Ritter to the alpha-hydroxyl-ketone, that would be a huge benefit. The second paper seems pretty horrible, a lot of work to add one oxygen, so that is where I see the most room for improvement. That is the spot I am looking for any better route.
IdiotsRevenge
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 16-1-2017 at 20:59

Is it possible that HNK has antipsychotic properties as well? The reasoning here is that its a glutamatergic agonist, which does the reverse of an NMDA antagonists. NMDA antagonists cause psychosis, and NMDA agonists can dampen psychosis. Until we find out about all the binding sites of this metabolite, however, we'll have to rely on results from clinical trials and anecdotal information.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top