Author: Subject: Mysterious chinese glassware sellers
woelen
Super Administrator

Mood: interested

[*] posted on 27-6-2017 at 03:38

Quote: Originally posted by Cuban_Pete  
[...] then my talents are better spent elsewhere. [...]

good bye

Indeed, you'd better spend your 'talents' elsewhere.
Your 'talent' of getting everyone angry in your first contacts on this forum is not needed here. I will lock your account for posting for one week and hopefully you cooled down again after that.

The art of wondering makes life worth living...
Want to wonder? Look at https://woelen.homescience.net
Fyndium
International Hazard

[*] posted on 26-1-2021 at 20:23

Old topic, but still strong. My experiences from different vendors, having ordered thousands worth of stuff:

Deschem: my favorite, has wide selection and quality has thus far been good (enough for me), some glassware have imperfections like cast drips and some dried up dirt is not uncommon, but nothing that won't rinse easily off - I wash my stuff anyway before using them for anything critical, and if you need "essential oil pure" whatever that means, you will rinse them with piranha or aqua regia prior to use. Once when I had trouble due to shipping reasons, the response was very swift and professional and I'm most happy customer of theirs.

Nanshin: one fritted filter just slit apart when drying, indicating poor annealing. They went silent when I inquired about the matter. Their vacuum desiccator stopcock also broke off when carefully attaching a vacuum hose, it was brittle to touch. From two experiences their quality might have some room for improvement.

I've also ordered some small stuff from other vendors, generally having no other issue but sometimes extremely long shipping times.

(Europe) Neubert-Glas offers good quality, but their communication and shipping times can have somewhat wider tolerance.
Fery
National Hazard

[*] posted on 26-1-2021 at 23:03

Fyndium - I have very good experience with nanshinglass. 2 orders from him, both above 200 Eur. I ordered 120 mm long capillary melting point tubes and he mistakenly sent me 100 mm - after notifying him he sent me immediately 120 mm. Thermometer adapter had a star crack and he sent me new one. He always apologized and responded very quickly both times.

draculic acid69
International Hazard

[*] posted on 31-1-2021 at 22:22

Quote: Originally posted by Praxichys  
The water spots you are seeing is residue from the flush coolant used when they grind the joint tapers with a diamond tool.

Yeah ithink the same thing.its just not washed very well and there's no telling whether the factory has its own water recirculation system or what the quality of Chinese tap water is like.my tap water here is full of calcium.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top