Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: How to separate ethanol from essential oils dissolved inside (not so easy)
aga
Forum Drunkard

[*] posted on 3-1-2017 at 14:51

Quote: Originally posted by khourygeo77  
The only way that has worked in separating the 2 is by leaving the mixture on atmospheric temperature, in which the oil would fall to the bottom and the alcohol evaporate.

This thread is very confusing to read here on ScienceMadness.

The OP already found a working solution to the problem, as stated in the OP's OP.

No references, weights, volumes, concentrations, nor even the raw materials are stated, so Who on god's earth could have a Clue how to replicate and test the 'best' way to do whatever it is, never mind give advice ?

What exactly is this discussion about ?

Certainly not Chemistry, real or otherwise.

khourygeo77
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 4-1-2017 at 13:02

Quote: Originally posted by aga  
Quote: Originally posted by khourygeo77  
The only way that has worked in separating the 2 is by leaving the mixture on atmospheric temperature, in which the oil would fall to the bottom and the alcohol evaporate.

This thread is very confusing to read here on ScienceMadness.

The OP already found a working solution to the problem, as stated in the OP's OP.

No references, weights, volumes, concentrations, nor even the raw materials are stated, so Who on god's earth could have a Clue how to replicate and test the 'best' way to do whatever it is, never mind give advice ?

What exactly is this discussion about ?

Certainly not Chemistry, real or otherwise.

No need for these numbers because it must be simple enough to be understood without numbers. Not all chemistry is numbers.

The question is as simple as this: If you have essential oils dissolved in ethanol. How can you separate them from each other? The ethanol is known and the essential oils are meant to be in general. I'm not looking to experiment on a specie but on many different species. Plants - herbs - seeds - resins - bones - meat - honey - roots - branches - eggs ........

I have talked about a solution for the question. However, if you think for a few seconds, you will see that this solution is very impractical. I just included it in order to give people info so with their chemical knowledge, and the experiments I have indicated, they give better possible answers.
pneumatician
Hazard to Others

Mood: ■■■■■■■■■■ INRI ■■■■■■■■■■ ** Igne Natura Renovatur Integra **

[*] posted on 22-1-2017 at 04:51

ep penya!,

I have the same problem. Can you try ultrasounds?

With anise depending of the menstruum used for destil I get different results/hardness to separate. Maybe buying a separating funnel tube like and put in the refrigerator for some months. This I think work for my next, cinnamon oil.

the pic is with white wine menstruum. anise oil.

anis_oli copia.jpg - 100kB
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top