Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Looking for a decent supplier
polymer
Harmless

Mood: unsteady

[*] posted on 9-12-2006 at 17:14
Looking for a decent supplier

There are no chemical suppliers nearby, so I have no other choice but to buy chemicals online. I don't want to use over-the- counter chems because of impurities and the typical low concentration. It is tough for an individual to buy chems because you have to be affiliated with an institution. I want a one- stop shop to save money on shipping. I don't want to look suspicious, or be ripped off. Can you please help me?

E/m*c^2
Magpie
lab constructor

Mood: Chemistry: the subtle science.

[*] posted on 9-12-2006 at 20:55

And would you like egg with your beer?

What you are asking for does not exist. There are internet suppliers who can supply some chemicals. However, they may not all be at prices and conditions you will like what with hazmat fees, poison packs fees, and DEA forms.

I suggest searching this forum for "I am a fish's" Readily Available Chemicals list. Then see what chemicals you can buy locally OTC. By applying some chemistry you can usually process these products to an acceptable purity. You may also have to apply some chemistry again and make certain reagents. Its all part of the fun. ;)

The single most important condition for a successful synthesis is good mixing - Nicodem
evil_lurker
National Hazard

Mood: On the wagon again.

[*] posted on 9-12-2006 at 22:14

Best thing you can do is to start up a research based company and incorporate and get all the proper business licenses and what not.

There just ain't too much else one can do nowadays considering that 95% of all chemical suppliers will only sell to other institutions.
polymer
Harmless

Mood: unsteady

[*] posted on 10-12-2006 at 07:00

I thought about that, but thanks for the advice.

E/m*c^2

Go To Top