International Hazard

[*] posted on 14-3-2017 at 01:56

To accessorise ... PM Zephyr

SM_Zephyr_badge.jpg - 80kB

CAUTION : Hobby Chemist, not Professional or even Amateur
JJay
International Hazard

[*] posted on 17-4-2017 at 21:27

Against all sound wisdom, today I went looking for a good spot to distill some nitric acid. I found this chunk of pristine wilderness nearby (ok, actually this is the middle of an island on a highway), and it actually has power outlets. I'm not really sure who they belong to, though, and I certainly wouldn't want to be charged with stealing electricity or anything else stupid, and there is a bit too much flammable brush for my tastes (though fires would be confined to the island), so I'm not too sure about this location, although the power outlets make it awfully tempting.

IMG_20170417_202513[1].jpg - 803kB

I found another spot nearby on the edge of some public lands that looked decent and discovered an active homeless camp in it with a primitive windbreak built out of cardboard and spruce branches. The homeless individual wasn't... there... but the bedding looked clean and there were fresh groceries. I left the camp unmolested and proceeded to trek through a swamp to reach a grove of trees in the center. Here I found some good spots that were devoid of signs of homeless people and actually had very few signs of hikers; I am sure if I dress like a hiker and throw up a lean-to to cover whatever apparatus I am using there, no one will mind or ask any questions, and probably no one will even notice that I am in the area.

The only downsides of this new location are that I now have pine needles coming out of every nook and cranny in every article of clothing, not to mention in my hair, behind my ears and so forth. And I should really wear boots next time I cross the swamp. Also, it will probably be swarming with mosquitos soon. But I think it will be a fine place to distill some nitric acid; I'm unlikely to be bothered there, and if I am, I won't be breaking any laws.

[Edited on 18-4-2017 by JJay]

JJay
International Hazard

[*] posted on 30-4-2017 at 21:17

I think I'm just about ready to make some nitric acid.

IMG_20170430_210930.jpg - 93kB

Pages:  1    3

Go To Top