Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: [Tests] Ammonium Chlorate NH4ClO3
Laboratory of Liptakov
International Hazard

Mood: cool.gif

[*] posted on 9-3-2017 at 02:04
A new EM

A new preparation of special energetic material: Into 100g pure demineralize water add: 0,000g KClO3 + 0,001g NH4NO3. Dissolved all during 1 minute by lab.temperature. Adding in one step 30g of p.a. ethanol 100%. Stirred 30 second. Cooling on - 5 Celsius. (2 hours) Get out from freezer. If is solution pure, without crystals, instantly drink. And you see and feeling a huge energy in self. This method working on 100%....:cool:....LL

Development of primarily - secondary substances CHP (2015) Lithex (2022) Brightelite (2023) Nitrocelite (2024)
Dornier 335A
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 9-3-2017 at 02:18

I made NH4ClO3 by mixing concentrated solutions of NaClO3 and NH4NO3 and cooling it in the freezer. NaNO3, NH4NO3 and NaClO3 are all very soluble in water compared to NH4ClO3, so only the latter precipitates. Pure ammonium chlorate burns very fiercely on its own when heated, not at all like the slow decomposition of ammonium nitrate.
PHILOU Zrealone
International Hazard

Mood: Bis-diazo-dinitro-hydroquinonic

[*] posted on 9-3-2017 at 06:01

Quote: Originally posted by markx  
What a criminal waste of precious ethanol ! :D :D :D

Maybe the ethanol is to give some courage ;-)...and a higher risk of accidental handling of the sensitive stuff LOL

Joke aside, methanol or better isopropanol would just work as a charm aswel...without wasting the precious and expensive (due to tax fees) drink...I distil my own from fermented fruitjuice, yeast and added suggar... so price is no concern form me ;-)

PH Z (PHILOU Zrealone)

"Physic is all what never works; Chemistry is all what stinks and explodes!"-"Life that deadly disease, sexually transmitted."(W.Allen)
PHILOU Zrealone
International Hazard

[*] posted on 9-3-2017 at 06:02

Quote: Originally posted by Laboratory of Liptakov  
A new preparation of special energetic material: Into 100g pure demineralize water add: 0,000g KClO3 + 0,001g NH4NO3. Dissolved all during 1 minute by lab.temperature. Adding in one step 30g of p.a. ethanol 100%. Stirred 30 second. Cooling on - 5 Celsius. (2 hours) Get out from freezer. If is solution pure, without crystals, instantly drink. And you see and feeling a huge energy in self. This method working on 100%....:cool:....LL

Sounds familiar russian vodka ...-30°C freezing cold...a must :D
Although I prefer protonium ethanolate, mixed hydrogen and ethan oxide or hydroxy-ethan :):D;):P:cool:

[Edited on 9-3-2017 by PHILOU Zrealone]

PH Z (PHILOU Zrealone)

"Physic is all what never works; Chemistry is all what stinks and explodes!"-"Life that deadly disease, sexually transmitted."(W.Allen)
underground
National Hazard

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 9-3-2017 at 06:16

Quote: Originally posted by underground  
Anyone can tell my why my saturated solution of naclo3 and kno3 dont want to react?

Quote: Originally posted by Tsjerk  
What do you mean? What reaction are you expecting? I don't expect anything

I mean the metathesis reaction

NACLO3 + KNO3 --> KCLO3 + NANO3
edsonmartins113
Harmless

[*] posted on 9-3-2017 at 07:23

Quote: Originally posted by Dornier 335A  
I made NH4ClO3 by mixing concentrated solutions of NaClO3 and NH4NO3 and cooling it in the freezer. NaNO3, NH4NO3 and NaClO3 are all very soluble in water compared to NH4ClO3, so only the latter precipitates. Pure ammonium chlorate burns very fiercely on its own when heated, not at all like the slow decomposition of ammonium nitrate.

I made a sample in this way using NaClO3 satured solution and NH4NO3 , The yield was much better than using potassium chlorate, I tested 20mg~50mg sample in hot plate and it ignites and sometimes explodes (poofff), mixed with aluminum the mixture burns with a very intense flame that burns the vision ...

How I want to have a camera to film this and show here :(
edsonmartins113
Harmless

[*] posted on 9-3-2017 at 08:34

Quote: Originally posted by PHILOU Zrealone  
Quote: Originally posted by woelen  
No need to wait 1 hour after your KClO3 and NH4NO3 are dissolved in water. KClO3 and NH4NO3 are fully ionized in water, when dissolved. You just have free ions NH4(+), K(+), ClO3(-) and NO3(-) and these do not react at all in solution. On adding the ethanol, apparently the K(+) ions and NO3(-) ions first combine to the solid.

After adding the ethanol it may be good to wait some time, allowing KNO3 to settle from solution.

Following the tables and graphic I have provided...

Into water KClO3 is the least soluble and into ethanol it seems to be KNO3 (but only in absolute ethanol) once water is present...KNO3 becomes more soluble than KClO3 (see 50% and 90% ethanol into lower part of first document)
Into ethanol all the protagonists are less soluble than into water.
So I guess there is coprecipitation by order of priviledge KClO3 >NH4ClO3> KNO3 > NH4NO3...
So the solid that is disgarded is not mainly KNO3 as expected but truely KClO3...leaving behind a majority of NH4NO3 and traces of KNO3 and NH4ClO3 into solution.

No doubt the remaining solution when concentrated will leave NH4NO3 sensitized by KNO3 and NH4ClO3 traces...so when mixed with Al powder like the OP did...it makes a sensitized Ammonal (NH4NO3/Al) and if actuated by a detonator like HMTD (the OP did it) of course it will detonate between 5km/s > x > 3km/s...

I propose that the disgarded solid be tested for chlorate content by mixing dry with suggar and adding a few drops of concentrated H2SO4
--> if K chlorate it will bubble slightly yellow-green and burst into fierce flame;
--> if KNO3 it will emit orange-brown NxOy fumes and bubbles).

Into water NH4ClO3 has about the same solubility as KNO3...and it must be also much less soluble when ethanol is added...as proven by the NH4Cl, NH4ClO4 related compounds...solubility of NH4ClO3 into water or into ethanol (or mix thereof) must lay inbetween those of NH4Cl and NH4ClO4...

Side note:
It is to be noted that into the tables one may see that for the case of NaCl/NaClO3...the use of aceton is preconized to effect separation because NaCl is quasi totally unsoluble into aceton while NaClO3 is very soluble in it and NaClO4 even more...
Here it seems it is also the case with absolute ethanol that is quite a good solvent for that specific chlorate and perchlorate but not a good one for NaCl...
This is very interesting for all the old weed killer (60% NaClO3/40% NaCl) bags I own or for the purification from electrolysis chlorate cell from chloride...

[Edited on 9-3-2017 by PHILOU Zrealone]

So .. How 10g of ammnonium nitrate with aluminum opened a hole in stell plate 4mm ?? I already tested with 50g of ammonal in stell plate of 4mm and no hole .

https://youtu.be/Z7CLivJUOaM

Sorry but my NH4ClO3 was pure , the use of etanol is for precipitate KNO3 only and very bit of KClO3 that still exist ..... the ethanol is for when the solution for metathesis with only water it is complete after 1 hr ~2 hr , so when add ethanol everthing precipeted except the NH4ClO3 in solution , if in temperature around 20°C !! because will precipitate if -10C or less ,the last for precipitate is the NH4ClO3 , filter fastly still -18°C and dry the solution with alcohol at 40°C~60°C to afford NH4ClO3 (note!) the ethanol is not used during the reaction metathesis and yes for after ..

.... the NH4ClO3 made with KClO3 and NH4NO3 is exactly the same made of NaClO3 with NH4NO3 , method described by Dornier335a , however my method works ...

[Edited on 9-3-2017 by edsonmartins113]
PHILOU Zrealone
International Hazard

[*] posted on 9-3-2017 at 14:09

Anyone can tell my why my saturated solution of naclo3 and kno3 dont want to react?

Quote: Originally posted by Tsjerk  
What do you mean? What reaction are you expecting? I don't expect anything

I mean the metathesis reaction

NACLO3 + KNO3 --> KCLO3 + NANO3

Maybe sursaturation...
--> Try seeding with a little KClO3 crystal...
--> or alternatively reduce temperature a little lower to initiate crystallization and scratch the inside of the recipient (where the cold liquid is into contact) with a glass rod...it will generate nucleation sites inducing crystallization.

[Edited on 10-3-2017 by PHILOU Zrealone]

PH Z (PHILOU Zrealone)

PHILOU Zrealone
International Hazard

[*] posted on 9-3-2017 at 18:25

Quote: Originally posted by edsonmartins113  
Quote: Originally posted by PHILOU Zrealone  
Quote: Originally posted by woelen  
No need to wait 1 hour after your KClO3 and NH4NO3 are dissolved in water. KClO3 and NH4NO3 are fully ionized in water, when dissolved. You just have free ions NH4(+), K(+), ClO3(-) and NO3(-) and these do not react at all in solution. On adding the ethanol, apparently the K(+) ions and NO3(-) ions first combine to the solid.

After adding the ethanol it may be good to wait some time, allowing KNO3 to settle from solution.

Following the tables and graphic I have provided...

Into water KClO3 is the least soluble and into ethanol it seems to be KNO3 (but only in absolute ethanol) once water is present...KNO3 becomes more soluble than KClO3 (see 50% and 90% ethanol into lower part of first document)
Into ethanol all the protagonists are less soluble than into water.
So I guess there is coprecipitation by order of priviledge KClO3 >NH4ClO3> KNO3 > NH4NO3...
So the solid that is disgarded is not mainly KNO3 as expected but truely KClO3...leaving behind a majority of NH4NO3 and traces of KNO3 and NH4ClO3 into solution.

No doubt the remaining solution when concentrated will leave NH4NO3 sensitized by KNO3 and NH4ClO3 traces...so when mixed with Al powder like the OP did...it makes a sensitized Ammonal (NH4NO3/Al) and if actuated by a detonator like HMTD (the OP did it) of course it will detonate between 5km/s > x > 3km/s...

I propose that the disgarded solid be tested for chlorate content by mixing dry with suggar and adding a few drops of concentrated H2SO4
--> if K chlorate it will bubble slightly yellow-green and burst into fierce flame;
--> if KNO3 it will emit orange-brown NxOy fumes and bubbles).

Into water NH4ClO3 has about the same solubility as KNO3...and it must be also much less soluble when ethanol is added...as proven by the NH4Cl, NH4ClO4 related compounds...solubility of NH4ClO3 into water or into ethanol (or mix thereof) must lay inbetween those of NH4Cl and NH4ClO4...

Side note:
It is to be noted that into the tables one may see that for the case of NaCl/NaClO3...the use of aceton is preconized to effect separation because NaCl is quasi totally unsoluble into aceton while NaClO3 is very soluble in it and NaClO4 even more...
Here it seems it is also the case with absolute ethanol that is quite a good solvent for that specific chlorate and perchlorate but not a good one for NaCl...
This is very interesting for all the old weed killer (60% NaClO3/40% NaCl) bags I own or for the purification from electrolysis chlorate cell from chloride...

So .. How 10g of ammnonium nitrate with aluminum opened a hole in stell plate 4mm ?? I already tested with 50g of ammonal in stell plate of 4mm and no hole .

https://youtu.be/Z7CLivJUOaM

Sorry but my NH4ClO3 was pure , the use of etanol is for precipitate KNO3 only and very bit of KClO3 that still exist ..... the ethanol is for when the solution for metathesis with only water it is complete after 1 hr ~2 hr , so when add ethanol everthing precipeted except the NH4ClO3 in solution , if in temperature around 20°C !! because will precipitate if -10C or less ,the last for precipitate is the NH4ClO3 , filter fastly still -18°C and dry the solution with alcohol at 40°C~60°C to afford NH4ClO3 (note!) the ethanol is not used during the reaction metathesis and yes for after ..

.... the NH4ClO3 made with KClO3 and NH4NO3 is exactly the same made of NaClO3 with NH4NO3 , method described by Dornier335a , however my method works ...

Did you test the first solid as I requested to prove it is KNO3 or KClO3?

Again pure NH4NO3/Al (ammonal) is unsensitive...it needs strong confinement (read into a thick metallic container or into a hard rock drilled hole) and a relatively large diameter to provide full detonation...

Here you have the same but spiced up with a sensitizer (not a lot but enough to reduce the confinement needed and lower the critical diameter of detonation).

The fact you used ethanol doesn't change the rules of solubility or unsolubility...the least soluble will always precipitate first...it is a dynamic equilibrium defined by the constant of solubility Ks --> unless you have a competiting complexation reaction, the unsoluble salt will remain solid with a little quantity of ions dissolved in equilibrium with it...The fact this solid is precipitated, it reduces further the chance of the other ions to react and make their own precipitation because the ions needed for it are lower in concentration and dictated by the solubility constant of the more unsoluble (least soluble) compound.

You really need to read about Ks, solubility and precipitate of salts and to understand the theory behind.

PH Z (PHILOU Zrealone)

Laboratory of Liptakov
International Hazard

Mood: cool.gif

[*] posted on 10-3-2017 at 00:06

Edsonmartins has right. 50g quality AmonAl making only deep impact in 4 mm steel plate. If 8g NH4ClO3 + 2g Al making hole, or only small hole, his VoD must be minimal 5000m/s. We needed show look photos from attempts. Especially the hole, his diameter, edges deformation etc. ........:cool:

[Edited on 10-3-2017 by Laboratory of Liptakov]

Development of primarily - secondary substances CHP (2015) Lithex (2022) Brightelite (2023) Nitrocelite (2024)
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top