Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Amatuer freindly sources for Raschig rings?
Funkerman23
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 22-8-2017 at 20:47
Amatuer freindly sources for Raschig rings?

Its been a while since I have been here, but I have had Hell trying to find a friendly source of Berl saddles and Raschig rings. I've been here long enough to have read a number of threads on fractional distillation column packing to know that glass beads/balls can work but aren't very efficient. Ace& Chemglass, as usual, are no direct help. Pall rings and Stainless steel isn't always the best for some distillations. If there's a more efficient& obtainable column packing for 24/40 size glass please comment.
In short: can anyone help me find enough 4mm& 5mm Raschig rings to fill a (max) 500mm 24/40 hemple column? Or maybe Berl saddles for the organic solvent separations?
Advice, comment and help are sorely appreciated. Thanks and good night.

" the Modern Chemist is inundated with literature"-Unknown
wg48
National Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 22-8-2017 at 22:36

Ebay UK sells them.
Melgar
Anti-Spam Agent

Mood: Estrified

[*] posted on 24-8-2017 at 08:56

You can use alumina desiccant ball if you don't want to have any water in your distillate. Since distilled water is like $1/gallon at the grocery store, I'm assuming this is true.

The first step in the process of learning something is admitting that you don't know it already.

I'm givin' the spam shields max power at full warp, but they just dinna have the power! We're gonna have to evacuate to new forum software!

Go To Top