Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Free ZT109 multimeters, maybe (US shipper)
Melgar
Anti-Spam Agent

Mood: Estrified

[*] posted on 25-8-2017 at 17:23
Free ZT109 multimeters, maybe (US shipper)

There's a common scam where someone will advertise a product or service of superior quality, then deliver one of slightly inferior quality. If anyone complains, they're given a full refund. I read about a transportation company who would do two-day delivery instead of overnight for certain customers, especially government customers. If there was ever a complaint, he'd give a full refund, no questions asked. On the face, this doesn't seem to be a scam, but it's hard to quantify the productivity lost because someone needed something a day sooner, and so it's difficult to sue for something like that. The trucking guy ended up making millions of dollars doing this, until he was arrested for it.

Well, this scam is extremely common on ebay among Chinese sellers. I just ordered a multimeter (model AN8008) and got a model ZT109 instead. They're virtually identical, except the ZT109 doesn't have all the special replaceable leads that go with it, which is the main reason I wanted the AN8008. Well, I complained, and guess what? Full refund, and I don't even have to return it! Now, I don't know if the seller will continue to keep this misleading listing up, but it's item number 401386980938, and the seller name is "wowpartspro". Make sure if you order it, you find it by doing a search for "AN8008", just so that from eBay's perspective, you were clearly misled.

The first step in the process of learning something is admitting that you don't know it already.

I'm givin' the spam shields max power at full warp, but they just dinna have the power! We're gonna have to evacuate to new forum software!

Go To Top