Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Extremly conductive materials
Iv4
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 9-6-2003 at 09:10
Extremly conductive materials

I was thinking about EM based launchers and using super conductive field magnets(have the design for a cycler too-N2 based cooler,just no ytiruim or barium)and came across 'ultra conducters'I came across these links(mainly from superconducters.org-great site if you'r new to this)

Extremely conductive polymers at room tempereture the so called ultra conducters

Some interesting patents
Organikum
resurrected

Mood: busy and in love

[*] posted on 9-6-2003 at 11:03
other way of cooling

I havent´t thought this through I admit - it just came in my mind:
Can´t you use the strong magnets for magnetorestrictive cooling of themselves? At least for fot bringing up a part of the needed cooling power?

Great links.
Love it!

Attachment: Complete off topic Ranque Hilsch Wirbelrohr (vortex tube) US patent.
But I like It! With drawings!

Attachment: us001952281_ranquehilsch_tube.djvu (143kB)
This file has been downloaded 793 times

Iv4
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 10-6-2003 at 02:10

I currently can't download anything on this computer so I have'nt seen you'r link.I looked into magnetic cooling in more detial na dhave a design for a basic cooler(post it when I have some more time).I could draw a diagram if anyone wants to host it.
Iv4
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 18-6-2003 at 01:55

Well that's probably not ogint happen for a whiele(took me about 2 minites to load this page and I dont seem ot have good connections ever).

Anyways my idea is very simple.Basically youmuse two magentic coils around eachother.They are hollow and surounded by something paramegnetic(in NASA they use fero ammoniam sulphate).Within the hollow is liquid heluim(nitrogen would do I supose but hey why not go for the good syuff).They are connected to eachother by a non conductive reservoir for the coolent.

The principal here is that when a substance demagnetises it loses heat(reverse in case of magnetization).This principle is used in ADR cooler(I dont have the link ATM but a search should do it)and the ones NASA uses go down to 64 milikelvin!The magentic field is raised and lowered.During the raising part of the cyle a liquid helium(they use it anyway-some use another ADR like I am).

The practical problem(for us anywya)is getting the magents superconductive.Now I'm hoping that the liquid helium will be flowed around the two coils becuase of the heat from the active magent.Hopefully this will cuase the tempereture to go down untill finally it becomes superconductive.
CommonScientist
Harmless

Mood: Tense

[*] posted on 4-3-2004 at 11:25

Iv4, what is your connection speed? bps? Mine is 444,000 bps with aol 7.0.

Maybe liquid oxygen or argon.???

\"rules are for the guidence of the wise, and the blind obedience of fools\"
Texium
Administrator
Thread Moved
19-11-2023 at 09:57

Go To Top