Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: New Ohaus 3-beam scales (w/tare) for $49.00
Mr. Rogers
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 4-11-2017 at 03:28
New Ohaus 3-beam scales (w/tare) for $49.00

Disclaimer - I have *no affiliation* with this company whatsoever. I just thought this might be of interest to some people here. If I'm violating any policy here I apologize --

If you like this style of scale, this is a really great bargain. It's an Ohaus tripple-beam scale with a tare and removable pan. It's around the $300 mark new, and right at the top of their line of mechanical scales.

http://www.macbicnj.com/product-p/1182-a000.htm

I purchased one of these and I'm happy.

Now the ugly - these are "new" in the box, but have been sitting around since the 1970's based on the material that was included in the box. This means there was a minor amount of rust on the mechanism visible if you turn the scale up-side down. I tested the accuracy with a set of NIST-traceable calibration weights and the scale is still accurate to .1 gram if you're skilled at using this style of instrument.
Magpie
lab constructor

Mood: Chemistry: the subtle science.

[*] posted on 4-11-2017 at 07:40

This is a terrific bargain! I love my Ohaus triple beam and use it almost exclusively. Electronic scales are not always trustworthy due to electronic or human error.

The single most important condition for a successful synthesis is good mixing - Nicodem

Go To Top