Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Enzymes in UK biological washing powder
NEMO-Chemistry
International Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 6-11-2017 at 14:57
Enzymes in UK biological washing powder

Does anyone know for sure of a brand of washing powder with a KNOWN, enzyme in?

I cant find any MSD's for the biological washing powders I have access to, so the other way i can think of doing it, is to order some online if someone knows for sure which enzyme it contains.

I am aware most/all have some form of protease in, but i need to know which form etc. I thought it would be on the box! but no luck.

Slightly odd request i know, but there is normally someone who knows what OTC has in it on here.

I can alter things as long as I know which enzyme is in the washing powder. This is for the UK, apparently they are different in other countries, but i cant confirm that.
NEMO-Chemistry
International Hazard

[*] posted on 17-11-2017 at 13:40

Well after looking into this a fair bit, the best i could come up with was the following.

amylases,proteases,lipases. Not sure this makes it useful though
unionised
International Hazard

[*] posted on 18-11-2017 at 05:06

Does this help?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subtilisin#Commercial
NEMO-Chemistry
International Hazard

[*] posted on 18-11-2017 at 08:50

Quote: Originally posted by unionised  
Does this help?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subtilisin#Commercial

All info helps so thx. I also stumbled upon a load msds just as i was giving up. So even if the enzymes were useful or of quantity, the rest of the junk in them is mainly Sodium carbonate and what appears to be mainly bulking agents.

Hard to see how they justify the cost. But in the end I managed to find a Biotech company that will sell to me small quantities, actually they are pretty cool, i was surprised how interested they are in what i was upto.

I would mention them, but i think best to see what happens first. They are sending me a kit they sell to schools, its a GFP based kit. Also sending some posters like the periodic table.

They do alot of school stuff, and seem to be active in outreach projects. It pays to phone companies and ask, I also called Fisher Scientific.

They are willing to sell certain things to me but not other things. They guy was also helpful and is sending me a few Nalgene?? Beakers for free. Also a eyewash station........ Not sure why they want to send that but would be rude to turn down freebies wouldnt it :D.

Go To Top