Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: SADS
insutama
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 30-1-2018 at 21:04
SADS

I have made silver acetylide by using silver nitrate solution and passing acetylene gas threw the liquid and filtering and neutralizing the silver acetylide powder. My question is how do you get the double salt silver acetylide from what i have read silver acetylide is pretty useless for a primary because its way to sensitive and the VOD is less than SADS
woelen
Super Administrator

Mood: interested

[*] posted on 31-1-2018 at 00:11

What do you mean with "double salt silver acetylide"? You mean the nitrate/acetylide combined salt?

I once made this compound by bubbling C2H2 through a solution of AgNO3 in dilute HNO3. If you use AgNO3 only, then you get a dirtier product, probably also more sensitive. With a little HNO3 added in you get an off-white product. The product still is very sensitive, but it can be handled.

If you make C2H2 from technical grade calcium carbide, then it also is a good idea to make cleaner C2H2 by first bubbling it through an alkaline oxidizing solution (e.g. plain household bleach, without perfumes, surfactants and the like, with a little NaOH added) and then passing it through your AgNO3/HNO3 solution.

Finally, a word of warning: Do not scale up this synthesis to more than a few 100's of milligrams and do not keep the dry product around if you value your limbs and eyes. Protect your eyes from shrapnel, wear goggles!

The art of wondering makes life worth living...
Want to wonder? Look at https://woelen.homescience.net
Laboratory of Liptakov
International Hazard

Mood: cool.gif

[*] posted on 31-1-2018 at 03:20

You can study large thread here: http://www.sciencemadness.org/talk/viewthread.php?tid=15356
Here you should by put your first an question also as firstly.

Development of primarily - secondary substances CHP (2015) Lithex (2022) Brightelite (2023) Nitrocelite (2024)
insutama
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 31-1-2018 at 13:57

thanks guys

Go To Top