B(a)P
International Hazard

Mood: Festive

[*] posted on 19-4-2024 at 14:53

Quote: Originally posted by Etanol  
Quote: Originally posted by B(a)P  
Quote: Originally posted by Etanol  

5,5' - azoterazolates - small explosive energy

What is this based on? I have not done much testing on anything other than azotetrazolates and what I have done has been limited, but it did not seem to be that azotetrazolates lacked explosive energy.

I was wrong. The calc explosive heat of copper azotetrazolate is sufficient. Due to the high enthalpy of formation.
I think Ni azotetrazolate is perpective if it does not form hydrates, because it should have similar power but less sensitivity. In addition, Ni does not oxidize in the air unlike Fe(2+)=>Fe(3+).

[Edited on 19-4-2024 by Etanol]

I have previously done some experimentation trying to form Ni azotetrazolate perchlorate, I am still in the process of trying to work out what the product was (eg which hydrate if any and is it a complex or double salt). It has some promising properties, but needs more work before I can report anything meaningful back.
Microtek
National Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 21-4-2024 at 09:38

I have recently experimented with 4-amino-1,2,4-triazole as a ligand for nickel perchlorate. I think it probably forms with two 4-ATrz ligands based on yield. The product is not hygroscopic and very insensitive for this kind of compound. I was not able to get any reaction in the oblique impact test on sand paper (highest setting, 5.5 Joule impact), and I was also not able to set it off with hammer and anvil (though this test is not 100% reliable).
It Does DDT from fuse ignition at the 25 mg level, lightly confined. I haven't tested initiation ability yet. Based on flame tests of samples in Al-foil, it seems very thermally stable.
Etanol
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 22-4-2024 at 16:04

I compared Сu 5,5'-azotetrazolate and poorly crystallized AgNT compressed by hand with the same force in plastic tubes on metall plates.
Сu 5,5'-azotetrazolate 0.9g/cc was compacted with alcohol then dried within a day because dry subs is very dangerous.
AgNT 1.25g/cc
Сu 5,5'-azotetrazolate at this density is 2 times weaker than AgNT and much weaker than NAP or PVA-Lead Azide compressed with the same force.

Does anyone know the max density and enthalpy of formation of copper 5,5'-azotetrazolate or some other 5,5'-azotetrazolate to evaluate detonation parameters?
 Pages:  1  ..  22    24

Go To Top