Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Setting Up A Electrode Deposition Cell/ Electrochemical Cell
Augmented Inventor
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 17-4-2018 at 09:01
Setting Up A Electrode Deposition Cell/ Electrochemical Cell

Hello all, I'm new here and was wondering if anyone could help me with setting up a two-electrode electrochemical cell for synthesizing polymers. There are two main issues I have run into, the first being that all the designs I have seen (as well as the textbooks) say that you need to have the electrodes connected to a potentiostat/galvanostat. There is no way I can afford one so I was wondering if they are really necessary or if you can just connect a voltage source and not have to worry about it and still have the synthesis work. My other problem has been finding something to contain them in. I was looking at using a rectangular glass cell rather than a normal beaker so as to not have to use so much of chemicals and save money. However, I have had no luck in finding anything that is small enough for my purposes whilst still being big enough to properly fit the working and auxiliary electrodes, as well as being affordable rather than over 10x the price of a beaker of similar specifications. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Ubya
International Hazard

Mood: I'm a maddo scientisto!!!

[*] posted on 17-4-2018 at 12:38

as a container you could use a glass rectangular vase, they are sold in dollar stores or on the web.
https://www.amazon.com/WGV-Clear-Rectangle-Block-6-Inch/dp/B...

---------------------------------------------------------------------
feel free to correct my grammar, or any mistakes i make
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Go To Top