Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Waters Fraction Collector (first model) Manual Needed
Sauron
International Hazard

Mood: metastable

[*] posted on 13-4-2007 at 23:02
Waters Fraction Collector (first model) Manual Needed

August last year I bought a Waters Fraction Collector on LabX from GenTech (Buffalo NY) for $300.

Unfortunately the thing is missing the dropper holder but it does have a tray for holding 100 or so sample vials or test tubes.

Yesterday I was only bidder for same model, no tray but it has the dropper holder and I got it for opening bid, half what I paid for the first one. So now I can put the tray on the second unit and have the first one for spare parts.

I would like to find a manual for this. I have pdf manuals for the WFC II and WFC III but this is plain old first model not one of those.

These Waters (HPLC) fraction collefctors do not come on the market very often Also they are 110/220 V 50/60 Hz which is very good for me.

Pic below is the one I got last August. No dropper holder. A detail not disclosed in auction,which described unit as complete/working. Grrrrr. Gentech are actually very nice people and easy to do business with. I guess this was an oversight.

[Edited on 14-4-2007 by Sauron]

296972-0.jpg - 167kB
Sauron
International Hazard

[*] posted on 13-4-2007 at 23:50

Sorry for the double post but I still lack the knack of getting more than one image in same post.

The pic below is the unit I won last night for $175.

No tray but see the black and silver valve/dropper holder mounted on back left of the arm? That is what is missing on the first unit. And if I had to get it from Waters it would cost about same as a used car. IF they had it at all.

[Edited on 14-4-2007 by Sauron]

WFC.jpg - 41kB
not_important
International Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 14-4-2007 at 00:19

Yeah, GenTech never did me wrong in any major way (backplate missing, just sheet steel and not needed, that sort of thing) I'll ask around, but that is an older model which all too often means there's a procedure being followed for the last umpty years and the actual manual is long be mislaid.

[Edited on 14-4-2007 by not_important]
Sauron
International Hazard

[*] posted on 14-4-2007 at 00:46

A year ago I placed a $1900 down payment on a $9000 system (Waters 2000 LCPrep w/2487 detector) and, as things will happen, ended up backing out. I assumed Gentech would simply pocket the money. Instead, they recently refunded it in full, without my even asking them to. Not even deducting a restocking fee, which is a common practice. They are good people, and that is why I did not bitch about the missing part on the WFC.

I would recommend them to anyone. They are not inexpensive, but I bet that what they refurbish, IS refurbished, and that is not true of everyone in the used instrument business. Some are out and out gonifs. Too many in fact!

Go To Top