Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Some help with Chem3D needed
NeonCortex
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 24-10-2007 at 04:52
Some help with Chem3D needed

I have just started to use Chem3D and am familiarizing myself with the functions. I encountered a thing I would like some help with. It concerns doing structure overlays to compare structures and conformations. As an example I'll be using Tapentadol and Morphine.

First I select the phenolic OH of each molecule, the sidechain and nitrogen of tapentadol and a similar sidechain and nitrogen in morphine. Then I'd like to overlay these atoms with the optimal distance 0, up to this point everything is OK. I'd like each molecule to minimize energy independently of each other and that the rest of the molecule and conformations minimize. Basically I want to anchor some atoms and the rest to minimize. Chem3D seems to keep the conformations already arranged.

If anyone know how to introduce solvent and ionic strength into the calculations, that would be much appreciated also.

Lighting up your cortex since birth
vulture
Forum Gatekeeper

[*] posted on 24-10-2007 at 07:59

You can choose to only minimize selected atoms. A solvent selection is possible for certain calculation methods, but I doubt it is for ionic strength.

You're aiming for simulations of the kind that gaussian does. Be prepared to spend a few days calculating on that with a modern PC.

One shouldn't accept or resort to the mutilation of science to appease the mentally impaired.
NeonCortex
Harmless

[*] posted on 24-10-2007 at 12:13

Ahhh, easier than I thought then. Thank you very much!

Lighting up your cortex since birth

Go To Top