Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  3    5    7  ..  13
Author: Subject: What happened to rhodium and Hive
HRH_Prince_Charles
Hazard to Self

Mood: Bombastic

[*] posted on 1-1-2005 at 14:51

He looks like a troll to me. Same on The Hive.

Loather of monstrous carbuncles, lover of organic melons and servant girls.
solo
International Hazard

Mood: ....getting old and drowning in a sea of knowledge

[*] posted on 2-1-2005 at 08:54
REf: Hive update......

The current status of the Hive as posted at WD......solo

Quote:

Topic

FractalFlower
QueenBee

Posted - Jan 01 2005 :  11:29:14 PM    

- the Hive progress -

As the year of 2004 has now ended, I have composed a summary of the events having taken place since the Hive/Rhodium server went offline and where we stand in the current situation. Along with this I will also attempt to kill some of the myths created by restless minds and straighten out the confusion ensuing from the earlier lack of information that naturally has been replaced by certain assumptions (illustrating varying degrees of sanity).
This is the first in a series of official briefings to take place regarding the progress of our future Hive.

Considering what has been written here (at WetDreams) and other sites by users who also visit the Hive, and how fast information flow between these sites has led us to draw certain conclusions... We asked for permission to post Hive related updates on WetDreams because of its large amount of Hive members, but also because we need an effective way to reach as many bees as possible - a task that we believe the members of WetDreams are highly qualified to perform. ;-)

The first confusion I wish to clear out concerns a particular widely spread mail that originally was posted by Antoncho at the Russian behigh.org. This was a mail written by myself and sent to the Hive Staff members whose email addresses I had in my possession. All addresses were CC'ed and made visible in order to disseminate these among the staff to facilitate further communication, WITHIN our group.
For some reason Antoncho later copied the mail and posted it in its entirety without my knowing. At the time being, nothing in the mail was intended to be public matter, and so it was posted without permission. I would rather see that Antoncho explained this himself, but he has not responded to my mail and have not been heard of as far as I know. I am, however, sure of that Antoncho had the best of intentions and that he probably has gone away to celebrate the holidays.
On a side-note: Even though it's unethical and therefore wrong to publicly display any email address on the net without permission from its owner, it might be worth to mention that the staff of the Hive communicate through addresses unrelated to our real-life personas.

ATTENTION all RUSSIAN members/bees:
Until Antoncho is reachable again, it would be greatly appreciated if anyone who knows how could contact somebody with moderator privileges on behigh.org in order to delete the addresses in Antoncho's post.

Moving on: The reason for the server going down was simply a change of management due to internal restructuring within our former web host company leading to a change of management, and nothing else. Continued hosting of our server was not compatible with the visions of the new management, and thus we needed to find another host and move the server.
As you know, the Hive is run entirely by volunteers, and on a tight budget funded by the staff as well as occasional donations from kind members. It is a fact that our former host have been extremely generous, and we should all feel lucky to have been offered such high level of service and security at minimal costs.

To all of those with paranoid tendencies who have grown confident in the belief that the Hive has disappeared for good: you couldn't have been more wrong. What has been going on during the last two months is the thought process and development of a carefully and thoroughly staked out plan for a solid and permanent solution, being assisted by people who are considered being among Europe's elite in their specific area of expertise.
A Hive is a home and not just any home, we have taken this opportunity to develop an even better solution where the server is powerful enough to maintain a high load of traffic, but still safe enough to protect our members from being traced or identified.

We want to show our appreciation to those of you who have made different kinds of offers to host the site(s), if only temporarily, however we will continue to decline such offers. The reason for this is that putting up a fully secured server is no small task and involves the coordination of the time and effort of several different people, and it simply wouldn't be worth the effort to have these people work their asses off twice in such a relatively short period.

We are happy to announce that the last piece of the hosting puzzle has finally been found!
The next step is to somehow find the means to buy the hardware meeting our standards. This simply isn't possible without the help of our fellow bees. Yet again we are in the process of constructing a donation engine. Details on this will be provided shortly.

However, it is an awkward feeling to ask for donations at a time like this. The estimated 150,000 people who were forced to move on due to the tsunami disaster in Asia may not need anything more, but the surviving friends and family to those affected desperately need aid on so very many accounts. More than a million (1,000,000!) people are completely homeless - for real, not just virtually, like in 'our' case. Our hearts go out to the ripped apart or otherwise crippled families.

To those of you who can afford a donation for the Hive: I speak for both Rhodium and myself personally when saying that we cannot sit here and beg for money without also asking you to take the survivors, who in many cases have lost everything, under consideration.

It's better to die on your feet, than live on your knees....Emiliano Zapata.
Reverend Necroticus Rex
Hazard to Others

Mood: Poisonous

[*] posted on 2-1-2005 at 11:08

If-6-Was-9, I think you should delete your post showing a picture of Vitus Verdegast, unless it was posted with his permission:mad:

And that post also links to his personal page at the hive, which would endanger the security of his PMs:mad:

[Edited on 2-1-2005 by Reverend Necroticus Rex]

The sun is shining on a brand new day
Blackened corpses burn where they were slain
Self-flagellation prompts him to confess, Bless me father, for I made this mess.
Sergei_Eisenstein
Hazard to Others

Mood: training

[*] posted on 2-1-2005 at 12:51
Donation for The Hive

As long as the Stimulants forum is around, I don't even start considering to give a financial donation.
Organikum
resurrected

Mood: busy and in love

[*] posted on 2-1-2005 at 13:44

Quote:

As long as the Stimulants forum is around, I don't even start considering to give a financial donation
An rather obvious cheap excuse of somebody who wouldnt donate anything anyways. When the Crystal Meth forum would be jettisoned you would probably dislike the color or the logo or the name or the Couch or whatever.
Niggler! Freeloader!

/ORG

Irgendwas is ja immer
vulture
Forum Gatekeeper

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 2-1-2005 at 14:44

If you ask for donations, nobody is obliged to give money.
If that was the intention, make logins paying and don't whine if donations don't yield anything.
This obliged political correctness about donations pisses me off.

Hmm, maybe we should report Sam to his provider for flooding boards and spreading offensive content? :D

[Edited on 2-1-2005 by vulture]

One shouldn't accept or resort to the mutilation of science to appease the mentally impaired.
HRH_Prince_Charles
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 2-1-2005 at 15:17

I've just had a quick look for Sam. He's a bit of a nutter.

If that picture is Vitus, then I'm the pope.

Organikum
resurrected

[*] posted on 2-1-2005 at 19:06

And I am princess Anne then......:D

Irgendwas is ja immer
Sergei_Eisenstein
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 3-1-2005 at 00:19

Quote:
An rather obvious cheap excuse of somebody who wouldnt donate anything anyways. When the Crystal Meth forum would be jettisoned you would probably dislike the color or the logo or the name or the Couch or whatever.
Niggler! Freeloader!

/ORG

No, it's not a cheap excuse. For me, it's a fundamental issue. Though there indeed are other things I don't like about that forum, none of them would be truly inhibiting (with the exception of the recent TSIII idea) :P
Turel
Hazard to Others

Mood: Thixotropic

[*] posted on 3-1-2005 at 01:17
Freedom

You retain the right to not go there if you have such fundamental issues inhibiting you. Exercise it.

-T
Sergei_Eisenstein
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 3-1-2005 at 01:45

Quote:
Originally posted by Turel
You retain the right to not go there if you have such fundamental issues inhibiting you. Exercise it.

-T

If men would only fuck perfect women, everybody would still be a virgin. Aside that, you misinterpreted my statement. The fundamental issue is the Stimulants forum, not The Hive in toto.
Vitus_Verdegast
Hazard to Others

Mood: tea time

[*] posted on 4-1-2005 at 03:12
HAHAHHAQHAH!!!

Sam!!!!!

You're back! Please stay! I love you!!!!!

I love it when you get All American on me!! :) :) :D

Your Holiness and Your Highness: I don't mind my picture being posted on an internet forum as I'm not breaking the law. ;)

edit: Please only refer to if6was9 or others posting the same claptrap either as Sam or 'PolytheneSam' as from what I heard he hates the name. Probably reminds him of the days when his mind was still unpropagandized.

[Edited on 4-1-2005 by Vitus_Verdegast]
Sergei_Eisenstein
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 4-1-2005 at 03:28

Quote:
edit: Please only refer to if6was9 or others posting the same claptrap either as Sam or 'PolytheneSam' as from what I heard he hates the name. Probably reminds him of the days when his mind was still unpropagandized.

Most hillbillies read Sam and Saddam as Sa'm.
vulture
Forum Gatekeeper

[*] posted on 4-1-2005 at 12:51

Why Polythenesam? I mean, it's incomplete...Polyethylene? Polytherephtalate? Poly....

Aren't there any nice songs about Sam?

One shouldn't accept or resort to the mutilation of science to appease the mentally impaired.
HRH_Prince_Charles
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 4-1-2005 at 14:45

Although, quite rightly, British children are thrashed for speaking and writing American, I was read Dr Seuss as a child.

I am Sam
I am Sam
Sam I am
That Sam-I-am!
That Sam-I-am!
I do not like
that Sam-I-am!

I'm going to set Harry on Sam if he is naughty again.

[Edited on 4-1-2005 by HRH_Prince_Charles]

harry_brawl.jpg - 25kB

Organikum
resurrected

[*] posted on 4-1-2005 at 15:51

Quote:

Why Polythenesam?

BEATLES !

Irgendwas is ja immer
psychokitty
Harmless

[*] posted on 4-1-2005 at 16:28
TSIII

Sergei_Eisenstein:

Why do you object to a new volume of Total Synthesis (TSIII)? Don't like the idea of keeping information current? Or maybe you have something against Strike.

Shame on you.
Sergei_Eisenstein
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 5-1-2005 at 12:47

Quote:
Originally posted by psychokitty
Sergei_Eisenstein:

Why do you object to a new volume of Total Synthesis (TSIII)? Don't like the idea of keeping information current? Or maybe you have something against Strike.

Shame on you.

I don't have anything against Strike as a person for the simple reason that I don't know him personally. The only thing I think about Strike is that it was far from a wise decission to allow himself being interviewed for a TV program about his clandestine business.

I don't see the benefit of creating a new TS3 in the way it was discussed shortly before the Hive went offline. Amphetamine and MDMA synthesis has been written about ad nauseam, which makes that another (useless) publication will only attrackt (more) unnecessary attention from the wrong people. Also, I never had the idea that this book was intended for serious people with scientific interests who wanted to do some chemistry in their back garden to study the working mechanism of their own mind. And aside that, I wonder who will be the real benefiters of this project. The real issue is not to keep information current. Even you know that your little book will already be antique by the moment it has been published due to information every 5-year old can find on the internet.

And I certainly don't see why I should be ashamed. I don't betray my own beliefs, and my beliefs won't hurt a fly.
Organikum
resurrected

[*] posted on 5-1-2005 at 15:05

Quote:

to do some chemistry in their back garden to study the working mechanism of their own mind
Diagnosis by Dr. Orgy:
Your mind is mechanic.
Advice: Not chemistry what you have to doto see your three toothwheel working, its an oldfashioned drill and the process is called "trepanation".
Tip: Hvae some grease handy.

You make everything much to complicated.
/ORG

Irgendwas is ja immer
skippy
Harmless

[*] posted on 5-1-2005 at 18:40
no need to help the tsunami victims

Please no one donate any more money to the Tsunami victims! If they get any more money they'll be driving mercedes what with all the Hollywood types falling over themselves to prove their love for strange dark foreigners! What the world really needs, indeed, what the Tsunami victims really need, is for the hive to come back. Without the freedom and self indulgence that the hive symbolizes, the Tsunami victims will become dissillusioned. People need more than food to live, for surely they can die of lack of hope! The hope that only the hive can bring. So please, for the sake of the poor Tsunami victims, donate generously to the hive. God Bless.
solo
International Hazard

Mood: ....getting old and drowning in a sea of knowledge

[*] posted on 5-1-2005 at 18:44
Ref: a bad post for me.....

Quote:
Ref: If_6_was_9 comments.....Ref:

If_6_was_9......and if you were a man , then you would see how much of a fool you are. Do you believe in the bull the gov dishes out and as a good boy scout you are doing your duty....you are nothing but a poor blind sheep.....solo

I'm sorry for this post as I promise myself not to get involved or give my opinion on other member's behaviour..... live and let live......what is off the scale for one is perfectly home for others , so other's comments are all relative ......what is considered normal in Berkeley its out of the norm for somone in arizona....and so on so without sticking my foot in my mouth I'll back out of this ....again sorry if I over indulged in my non solicited opinion......solo/aka. java at the HIVE
Sergei_Eisenstein
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 6-1-2005 at 03:15

Quote:
Diagnosis by Dr. Orgy:
Your mind is mechanic.
Advice: Not chemistry what you have to doto see your three toothwheel working, its an oldfashioned drill and the process is called "trepanation".
Tip: Hvae some grease handy.

You make everything much to complicated.
/ORG

Thanks for your concern Dr Orky, but considering that most people have no mind at all ("zombie" is the correct English word, I think), I'm pretty happy with my simple mechanical mind.

You seem to have a special relationship with grease though :p

Quote:
Originally posted by solo
Ref: If_6_was_9 comments.....Ref:

If_6_was_9......and if you were a man , then you would see how much of a fool you are. Do you believe in the bull the gov dishes out and as a good boy scout you are doing your duty....you are nothing but a poor blind sheep.....solo

That comparison is quite an insult for the real sheep ;)

[Edited on 6-1-2005 by Sergei_Eisenstein]
Organikum
resurrected

[*] posted on 6-1-2005 at 08:58

No, I dont have a special relationship with grease, spit is almost always satisfying, I advised grease in this special case as you will have a hard time to spit into your own head, ya know?

"Zombie" is wrong, the right word is "normal", I covered this in another thread already.

regards
/ORG :P

Irgendwas is ja immer
Sergei_Eisenstein
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 6-1-2005 at 11:14

Quote:
"Zombie" is wrong, the right word is "normal", I covered this in another thread already.

Well Dr Ork, I must admit that this statement really comforted me. Thanks to you and Huxley, I can continue the road I was already following. :cool: Maybe you don't understand, but don't worry. It's normal.
Organikum
resurrected

[*] posted on 6-1-2005 at 12:15

Oh, I understand you very well.... :D

Just the famous:
"I am better than the avarage bear" (Yogi Bear)
statement.

Mild superiority complex. Not serious, a long way to go on your road before you reach true Bonapartism.. :o

says
/Dr. Ork
(I like the pun more than the original, you dont mind me keeping it, yes? Merci!)

Irgendwas is ja immer
 Pages:  1  ..  3    5    7  ..  13

Go To Top