Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  5    7    9  ..  13
Author: Subject: What happened to rhodium and Hive
chemoleo
Biochemicus Energeticus

Mood: crystalline

[*] posted on 30-1-2005 at 17:12

Well, I trust your new alias won't last much longer, If_6_was_9 aka Great Satan. Felt you had to disguise your bald head with another alias? Oh I see... the mightyrighty forum.

Anyway, what's wrong with you?

PS Pictures removed as they are blatantly off-topic, and outside Whimsy, and only there to incite people.

[Edited on 31-1-2005 by chemoleo]

Never Stop to Begin, and Never Begin to Stop...
Tolerance is good. But not with the intolerant! (Wilhelm Busch)
vulture
Forum Gatekeeper

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 31-1-2005 at 13:43

Seems like I was right. This guy is obsessed with intelligence operations and playing spy dude. Contact in washington...roflmao...

One shouldn't accept or resort to the mutilation of science to appease the mentally impaired.
trilobite
Hazard to Others

Mood: lonely

[*] posted on 1-2-2005 at 02:41

His name is not the Great Satan or If_6_was_9, it is PolytheneSam or just Sam.

Sam: Iraqis were dancing in the streets because the elections are a step ahead in getting the foreign troops out of their country. And speaking of great leaders, maybe revoking the elections and all that democrat bullshit would be a good idea, after all, Bush is such a great leader.

[Edited on 1-2-2005 by trilobite]
Organikum
resurrected

Mood: busy and in love

[*] posted on 1-2-2005 at 04:59

Oh, PolytheneSam has probably really friends in the CIA, but they will either think he is nuts (whats true) or are to busy organizong the worldwide heroin trade anyways. Thats what the CIA is for, isnt it?

/ORG

Irgendwas is ja immer
Vitus_Verdegast
Hazard to Others

Mood: tea time

[*] posted on 1-2-2005 at 04:59
Our friend PolytheneSam/Great_Satan/Major_Armstrong/if6was9

The Birth of a Nutcake:

http://mightyrighty.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-120.html

Quote:

I got a BS in chemistry in the early 80's. I work in the patent business now. I'm a registered patent agent. I first saw the smoke coming from the Pentagon when I went outside the door of one of the Patent Office buildings on 9/11.

:D
It doesn't take too much detective work eh?
http://www.ptos.org/pages.php?&menuid=7
http://www3.uspto.gov/go/jars/sgs.html :D

Quote:

I'm happy to see that Osmium, hypo, abolt and Vitus now has permanent bad karma at the hive since they can no longer post there. An added bonus is seeing how much you people are in pain here. I will continue my right wing activism for the rest of my life and help the USA achieve even greater world dominance

Oh my, my life is broken now. Permanent bad karma, I guess I can as well kill myself, especially now when I can expect you at my door any minute..

I've never felt anything else but pity about you Sam. Poor guy, you live a sorry excuse for a life.

[Edited on 1-2-2005 by Vitus_Verdegast]
trilobite
Hazard to Others

Mood: lonely

[*] posted on 1-2-2005 at 11:09

Figures... PolytheneSam the master searcher and his good patent searches.

By the way, this is from from mightyrighty.com too:
Quote:
Einstein was a patent examiner. Its probably best if we don't post too much personal information. We might get a fatwah issued against us because of our criticism of Islam.

And Vulture, you said that
Quote:
This is a clear threat mister. I'm seriously considering reporting you to the FBI for this as this is not a game anymore.
Let's see who get's busted first, shall we?

FBI? No... JIHAD! ;)

I can already see the suicide bombers in my eyes... Sam. Remeber to look who is it before you open the door. And be careful, they might be caucasian too.
vulture
Forum Gatekeeper

[*] posted on 1-2-2005 at 11:44

Lol that reminds me of right wing nutcases bashing martyrism...how do you call what they do with 9/11 victims then?

"They died for our country. They died for our freedom..blah..blah...blah..yada"

Martyrism anyone? :P

One shouldn't accept or resort to the mutilation of science to appease the mentally impaired.
Icarus
Harmless

Mood: getting warmer

[*] posted on 1-2-2005 at 18:52

"................I got a BS in chemistry in the early 80's. I work in the patent business now. I'm a registered patent agent. .........I got a gold watch, a big cock and a partridge in a pear tree........................I first saw the smoke coming from the Pentagon when I went outside the door of one of the Patent Office buildings on 9/11...."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

james8212-19-2004, 04:42 PM
Wasn't Einstein a Swiss patent agent? You must be really really really smart DOOD!? :D Where's you go to school?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Great Satan12-19-2004, 07:51 PM
Einstein was a patent examiner. Its probably best if we don't post too much personal information. We might get a fatwah issued against us because of our criticism of Islam."

......and this beauty:

"Islam is supposedly a religion, not a race. "

Fucking Hilarious, coming from a jew.
mick
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 8-2-2005 at 15:31

I like chemistry.
I would be worrried if online Oganic Synthesis was closed down.
They are stilll in the library and I have few hard copies myself.

mick
aldol
Harmless

[*] posted on 7-3-2005 at 20:20
chem

hi pshycokitty its chemman from the old hive long time no here i have posted 2 times to this site both got wiped out must of been to good a method they didnt want anyone else seeing it they got rid off it quick
Polverone
Now celebrating 21 years of madness

Mood: Waiting for spring

[*] posted on 7-3-2005 at 22:15
hi there

I don't think that any of your posts have been deleted, but two have been moved to Detritus. One was a long, unpuctuated run-on sentence about reducing p2np and the other one was complaining about the first post being moved. You're perfectly welcome to discuss chemistry here but you will have to get used to using the shift key and punctuation marks. Also, you should greet members that you want to talk to by sending them a U2U message rather than posting in public threads.

PGP Key and corresponding e-mail address
solo
International Hazard

Mood: ....getting old and drowning in a sea of knowledge

[*] posted on 14-5-2005 at 15:49
The Return of the Hive....at last!

This message was posted both at Wd and synthetikal......solo

Quote:
stonium

Items

[#4845] Latest Word on Hive's Return
Sat May 14, 2005 4:53 pm

I received word yesterday that the Hive server has now been acquired and will probably be online for configuration next week. The main network connection will then be established in about two weeks.

So...with a little luck, we should be back up and running in about a month.

Yee Haw,
Stoni

[Edited on 14-5-2005 by solo]

It's better to die on your feet, than live on your knees....Emiliano Zapata.
hdcwr0x2
Harmless

[*] posted on 24-5-2005 at 19:14

http://www.erowid.org/archive/rhodium/chemistry/index.html

Erowid maintains a nice Rhodium mirror. I don't know how complete it is compared to the one on synthetikal, but it should be pretty good.
MadHatter
International Hazard

Member Is Online

Mood: Enjoying retirement

[*] posted on 24-5-2005 at 20:05
The Hive

This will truly be a welcome return ! The Hive posted many useful organic syntheses.

From opening of NCIS New Orleans - It goes a BOOM ! BOOM ! BOOM ! MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !
Blind Angel
National Hazard

Mood: Meh!

[*] posted on 24-5-2005 at 20:40

if i'm lucky it will be up on my birthday :D

/}/_//|//) /-\\/|//¬/=/_
My PGP Key Fingerprint: D4EA A609 55E4 7ADD 8529 359D D6E2 33F6 4C76 78ED
wa gwan
Harmless

[*] posted on 26-5-2005 at 11:51

Something is stirring at the hive, if you point your browser at the url www.the-hive.ws you'll find an Apache software testpage.
:D:D
demorol
Harmless

[*] posted on 29-5-2005 at 11:10

Quote:
Originally posted by wa gwan
Something is stirring at the hive, if you point your browser at the url www.the-hive.ws you'll find an Apache software testpage.
:D:D

That's strange, because I get the usual message "Site not found".
wa gwan
Harmless

[*] posted on 30-5-2005 at 10:23

Hello demerol :)
I've attached a screenshot so you can see what was there.

Edit: Just checked again and there is a different software screen. H-Sphere.

[Edited on 30-5-2005 by wa gwan]

hivepage.jpg - 85kB
neutrino
International Hazard

Mood: oscillating

[*] posted on 30-5-2005 at 12:08

Demorol: if your browser uses a cache, you may have to clear it.
goldustwoman
Harmless

[*] posted on 30-5-2005 at 12:24
speaking of...

speaking of the Hive, I have been unable to log onto wetdreams today...
Anyone else having troubles logging on over there?

GDW
goldustwoman
Harmless

[*] posted on 30-5-2005 at 14:32
whoops...nevermind

seems to be up and running fine...wetdreams, that is.
GDW
demorol
Harmless

[*] posted on 10-6-2005 at 00:13

There's new message again at www.the-hive.ws. It reads: "Under Construction
The domain (WWW.THE-HIVE.WS) is currently under construction.

That is a good sign isn't it?
solo
International Hazard

Mood: ....getting old and drowning in a sea of knowledge

[*] posted on 13-7-2005 at 08:59

this appeared at synthetikal recently.......solo

-----------------------------------------------------------

64bandil
Busy Bee
1299.60 Points
[ Donate ]
[ Modify 64bandil's Cash ]

re: Latest Word on Hive's Return

Mon Jul 11, 2005 5:03 pm
Got an update regarding the actual situation with the-hive.

They have purchased a server and an ISP is also arranged. The software is currently being investigated and updated.

The "only" thing missing is Rhodiums keen sense of über perfection, which must be satisfied before anything is seen online...

So, it's only a matter of time.

Regards
Bandil

It's better to die on your feet, than live on your knees....Emiliano Zapata.
KidCurry
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 13-7-2005 at 12:42

This is very good news. :)
I wonder if there has been any upgrades/maintenance done on the forum.
zooligan
Harmless

[*] posted on 12-1-2006 at 08:53
So, where is the "new hive"???

Quote:
Originally posted by solo
The current status of the Hive as posted at WD......solo

Quote:

Topic

FractalFlower
QueenBee

Posted - Jan 01 2005 :  11:29:14 PM    

- the Hive progress -

As the year of 2004 has now ended, I have composed a summary of the events having taken place since the Hive/Rhodium server went offline and where we stand in the current situation. Along with this I will also attempt to kill some of the myths created by restless minds and straighten out the confusion ensuing from the earlier lack of information that naturally has been replaced by certain assumptions (illustrating varying degrees of sanity).
This is the first in a series of official briefings to take place regarding the progress of our future Hive.

Considering what has been written here (at WetDreams) and other sites by users who also visit the Hive, and how fast information flow between these sites has led us to draw certain conclusions... We asked for permission to post Hive related updates on WetDreams because of its large amount of Hive members, but also because we need an effective way to reach as many bees as possible - a task that we believe the members of WetDreams are highly qualified to perform. ;-)

The first confusion I wish to clear out concerns a particular widely spread mail that originally was posted by Antoncho at the Russian behigh.org. This was a mail written by myself and sent to the Hive Staff members whose email addresses I had in my possession. All addresses were CC'ed and made visible in order to disseminate these among the staff to facilitate further communication, WITHIN our group.
For some reason Antoncho later copied the mail and posted it in its entirety without my knowing. At the time being, nothing in the mail was intended to be public matter, and so it was posted without permission. I would rather see that Antoncho explained this himself, but he has not responded to my mail and have not been heard of as far as I know. I am, however, sure of that Antoncho had the best of intentions and that he probably has gone away to celebrate the holidays.
On a side-note: Even though it's unethical and therefore wrong to publicly display any email address on the net without permission from its owner, it might be worth to mention that the staff of the Hive communicate through addresses unrelated to our real-life personas.

ATTENTION all RUSSIAN members/bees:
Until Antoncho is reachable again, it would be greatly appreciated if anyone who knows how could contact somebody with moderator privileges on behigh.org in order to delete the addresses in Antoncho's post.

Moving on: The reason for the server going down was simply a change of management due to internal restructuring within our former web host company leading to a change of management, and nothing else. Continued hosting of our server was not compatible with the visions of the new management, and thus we needed to find another host and move the server.
As you know, the Hive is run entirely by volunteers, and on a tight budget funded by the staff as well as occasional donations from kind members. It is a fact that our former host have been extremely generous, and we should all feel lucky to have been offered such high level of service and security at minimal costs.

To all of those with paranoid tendencies who have grown confident in the belief that the Hive has disappeared for good: you couldn't have been more wrong. What has been going on during the last two months is the thought process and development of a carefully and thoroughly staked out plan for a solid and permanent solution, being assisted by people who are considered being among Europe's elite in their specific area of expertise.
A Hive is a home and not just any home, we have taken this opportunity to develop an even better solution where the server is powerful enough to maintain a high load of traffic, but still safe enough to protect our members from being traced or identified.

We want to show our appreciation to those of you who have made different kinds of offers to host the site(s), if only temporarily, however we will continue to decline such offers. The reason for this is that putting up a fully secured server is no small task and involves the coordination of the time and effort of several different people, and it simply wouldn't be worth the effort to have these people work their asses off twice in such a relatively short period.

We are happy to announce that the last piece of the hosting puzzle has finally been found!
The next step is to somehow find the means to buy the hardware meeting our standards. This simply isn't possible without the help of our fellow bees. Yet again we are in the process of constructing a donation engine. Details on this will be provided shortly.

However, it is an awkward feeling to ask for donations at a time like this. The estimated 150,000 people who were forced to move on due to the tsunami disaster in Asia may not need anything more, but the surviving friends and family to those affected desperately need aid on so very many accounts. More than a million (1,000,000!) people are completely homeless - for real, not just virtually, like in 'our' case. Our hearts go out to the ripped apart or otherwise crippled families.

To those of you who can afford a donation for the Hive: I speak for both Rhodium and myself personally when saying that we cannot sit here and beg for money without also asking you to take the survivors, who in many cases have lost everything, under consideration.

It's been over a year since this was written. Where is this new wonder?
 Pages:  1  ..  5    7    9  ..  13

Go To Top