Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Where to find rocket engines
cycleguy
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 17-10-2003 at 04:34
Where to find rocket engines

I got a rocket kit in the Mad Science class, but I don't know where to get an engine for it. I see sites that sell engines, but don't know what will fit the Skyblazer Rocket.

Thanks

[Edited on 17-10-2003 by cycleguy]
madscientist
National Hazard

Mood: pyrophoric

[*] posted on 17-10-2003 at 07:19

This site discusses mad science of the chemical variety, not model rocketry.

I weep at the sight of flaming acetic anhydride.
cycleguy
Harmless

[*] posted on 17-10-2003 at 14:08

Thank you for being helpful and friendly:-( Since Rocket engines use Reagents and I did not see any restriction as to what this forum was about (other than mad science), I guess I was wrong to think somebody might help me find an answer for my 5 yo son.
madscientist
National Hazard

Mood: pyrophoric

[*] posted on 17-10-2003 at 14:30

I'm sorry, this just isn't the right place to ask. That field isn't our specialty and isn't the focus of dicussion.

All I know about that "Skyblazer" is what I garnered from a few moments of searching at google. Apparently there's an air-powered plane named "Skyblazer" that's been recalled because it's dangerous. If it's not that product, and it's powered by a solid fuel chemical engine, chances are any A, B, C, etc. Estes engine will fit.

[Edited on 17-10-2003 by madscientist]

I weep at the sight of flaming acetic anhydride.
Mumbles
Hazard to Others

Mood: Procrastinating

[*] posted on 17-10-2003 at 17:27

Measure the slot for the engine imput(in mm and inches) and look around the internet for the corresponding Estes size. you could go a bit smaller and wrap with tape or something to that effect to make fit. You may also want to try here. They sell kits to make your own engines.

Why'd you even have to throw in that crap about the 5 year old son? It offered nothing except a feable attempt at making us feel sorry/bad for you and answer your question. If its the same skyblazter plane Madscientist is speaking of, that really sounds like the kind of toy I'd want my 5 year old playing with. Why not go purchase a styrofoam glider, or a model rocket kit. They would have presized, easily obtainable engines for your use. They are quite fun as well.
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
vulture
Forum Gatekeeper

[*] posted on 18-10-2003 at 02:56

Good luck with your son, if he's being raised like his father...

If you want to make your own rocket fuel, then you are welcome, but there's no real challenge in throwing something prebuilt together.

One shouldn't accept or resort to the mutilation of science to appease the mentally impaired.
Hermes_Trismegistus
National Hazard

Mood: conformation:ga

[*] posted on 28-11-2003 at 02:58

PyroTek.org

WOW! I especially like their selection of books. I

I think the "chemistry of Powder(s) and explosives" is available on Kazaa(lite)

It has a plethora of good formulations and almost painfully detailed manufacture details.

It used to be a textbook at MIT but is remarkably well-written and readable (maybe it was "intro to pyro 1052";):D

Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics; even if you win: you\'re still retarded.
Polverone
Now celebrating 21 years of madness

Mood: Waiting for spring

[*] posted on 28-11-2003 at 03:43
check my website

The Chemistry of Powder and Explosives is there, along with Mann and Saunders and other books
DDTea
National Hazard

Mood: Degenerate

[*] posted on 28-11-2003 at 05:26

I wouldn't call it a "feeble" attempt to make us feel bad. It made me feel bad. So, I will work to help... I can find Rocket Engines very easily at the local Hobby Store and according to some, toy stores stock them as well. I have not seen them in toy stores, partly because I do not visit them very often... the last time I did was to buy a box of Plastic Army men (they give me a feeling of power...none dares question my orders :D ). However, I always find home-made rocket mixtures to be the most exciting, and they're often very simple. When a bit of danger is thrown in, the product becomes much more interesting than simply buying engines over the counter. But, if it's for your 5 year old son, as you say, I wouldn't tinker around with home brewed fuels and engines.

Go To Top