[*] posted on 21-4-2008 at 10:21
Mettler B5/B6 Series Manual EN/FR/GER

Mettler B5/B6 Series Manual EN/FR/GER

RARed PDF.

chemrox
International Hazard

Mood: LaGrangian

[*] posted on 21-4-2008 at 22:22

could you re-post this Steve? I got a godawful error message trying to d/l this and it's what I need to revive and tweek my balances. The sales rep at Mettler said they won't release the manuals even though they no longer service the machines. Bad customer relations policy! Anyway thanks and again please.

"When you let the dumbasses vote you end up with populism followed by autocracy and getting back is a bitch." Plato (sort of)
stoichiometric_steve
National Hazard

Mood: satyric

[*] posted on 23-4-2008 at 13:41

retry please, it works fine for me.

chemrox
International Hazard

Mood: LaGrangian

[*] posted on 23-4-2008 at 15:34

must have been one of those windoze issues.... thanks Steve .. twice!

"When you let the dumbasses vote you end up with populism followed by autocracy and getting back is a bitch." Plato (sort of)
Texium
Administrator

Mood: PhD candidate!

[*] posted on 7-1-2017 at 18:25

Today I got a Mettler B5, but it didn't come with a manual. Steve or chemrox, if you're around can you upload it again? The original upload has long since expired.

Thanks.

Come check out the Official Sciencemadness Wiki
They're not really active right now, but here's my YouTube channel and my blog.
AvBaeyer
National Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 7-1-2017 at 20:30

I also need a manual for a Mettler B5. I bought one about a year ago and I cannot get it to function properly. It would be great to get a pdf repost of the manual.

AvB
Texium
Administrator

[*] posted on 7-1-2017 at 20:40

What problems are you having with yours?

Mine was sold as functional, but the display needs adjustment to be readable. I think something must have shifted slightly when it was in my car on the way home. I'm sure it's an easy fix if I just knew which part to tweak. I'm too nervous to try anything too drastic without a better understanding of it though.

Texium
Administrator

[*] posted on 8-1-2017 at 17:16

I actually managed to fix it myself. Here's a blog post I just published about my balance: https://texium.wordpress.com/2017/01/08/recent-acquisition-v...

I'd still be interested in having the manual for it, in case anything unforeseen goes wrong, and to make sure I'm doing everything right. Seems to work perfectly now though, at least through the milligrams place, and that's all I really need it to do.

AvBaeyer
National Hazard

[*] posted on 8-1-2017 at 18:47

My problem is that I have no scale projected on the screen at all. I bought the balance for little cost from an East Coast vendor. The balance came poorly packaged and was delivered by FedEx upside down, contrary to the arrows clearly visible on the box. When I unpacked the balance the weights were everywhere and the inside of the balance was a mess. I managed to get everything back where it belonged based on a photograph. The light worked and light was visible on the screen but no scale. Based on what you have written, the prisms are probably severely misaligned. Right now I use the thing as a writing desk. Perhaps I will take the top off again and play with the innards. I did get my money back from the seller so nothing lost. At worst, I can salvage a nice set of weights.

AvB
Texium
Administrator

[*] posted on 8-1-2017 at 20:02

Yikes. That's why I'm really glad I found one close enough to pick up myself. Definitely sounds like an issue with the prisms. If yours is the same as mine, the first prism before the lens is completely fixed, and the second one in the back right corner can be loosened with a screwdriver and rotated. That's the one that I had to adjust. If that doesn't work, let me know, I might have a couple other ideas based on what I've learned from tinkering with mine.

stoichiometric_steve
National Hazard

Mood: satyric

[*] posted on 14-1-2017 at 03:54

In response to your blog post, zts16: You read the last digit by checking which bar of the fixed scale aligns with the moving one. In your example, it would be 5,0002g.

Gl3n
Harmless

[*] posted on 2-5-2017 at 08:23

I'm working on the same model Mettler but mine appears as if it might be of an older design judged by some variation in parts in comparison to your blog Zts16. I however have the exact same issue with the prison being out of line in exactly the same location. I was wondering if you could provide me with more detail on how you realigned the prisims. Mine was horribly shipped. The white balance beam was loose and pulled the counterweight off the pan as well as tangling up all the hanging weights. My electrical system seems to have a dead transformer on the back as I get power to the bus connection in the back but nothing after transformer. Right now I've just got it operating with a flashlight in an adjustable ring stand clamp. I've got the column of numbers on the left but the right hand numbers are obscured exactly the same as in the blog pics
Texium
Administrator

[*] posted on 2-5-2017 at 08:38

Well, if it's like mine, the prism in the back right corner should have a screw that you can loosen, allowing you to rotate the prism. I just had to loosen that and turn the prism until the scale on the screen was properly aligned. Also make sure that before you do any of these adjustments you level the feet of the balance, because that can also have an effect since the balance beam might drift a bit when released.

Texium
Administrator

[*] posted on 9-6-2018 at 09:02

Since I moved my Mettler B5 to my new lab space, I've been having trouble calibrating it. I've leveled it as perfectly as I can, adjusted the internal calibration weight to every position that I could, and yet it is still won't zero out properly. The beam leans slightly towards the counterweight side. Adding about a gram to the pan will level it. This is too large of a discrepancy to be solved using the calibration weights and the fine tuning dial. Something must have gone wrong in the move, and I can not figure out what it was. It surprises me that the move would mess it up though, considering it was a much shorter drive than when I originally bought it, and I packed it the same way.

Once again, I'd really like to get a manual for this balance if anyone has one available. Otherwise, any ideas to fix the balance would be appreciated.

Texium
Administrator

[*] posted on 19-4-2020 at 13:11

Well, it’s been almost another two years, and now that I finally have some lab time I decided to take another look at the old Mettler. I was never able to fix the issue I described in my last post, and I’ve just about given up. I’m worried that there might be something critically wrong with it. I’ve adjusted pretty much everything that seems adjustable on it in every conceivable configuration, but it just won’t work no matter what I do. I’m too scared to do any more invasive poking without the service manual for guidance.

Texium
Administrator

[*] posted on 6-1-2022 at 15:49

Here's the file for all to download!

Attachment: Mettler B5 H26 Manual.pdf.zip (7.2MB)
This file has been downloaded 447 times

Go To Top