Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Something broke?
DrP
National Hazard

Mood: exothermic

[*] posted on 13-11-2018 at 07:05
Something broke?

I tried to reply to a question in the Chem in General but it is not letting me post. It says I have posted too much and there is flood prevention. Fair enough - but I have made 2 post so far today and this 3rd one was going to be my last. Is this a bug? I mean - I've been here 13 years and have only made just over 500 posts... 2 today and it says I am flooding the forum? Surely this is set wrong. The thread I wanted to ask a question in was in Chemistry in General and I have never even posted in that thread before I tried to ask my question.

EDIT:-

- OK - I seem to have my posting rights returned. No idea why that happened but I can post again by the looks of it. -

[Edited on 13-11-2018 by DrP]

\"It\'s a man\'s obligation to stick his boneration in a women\'s separation; this sort of penetration will increase the population of the younger generation\" - Eric Cartman
Sulaiman
International Hazard

[*] posted on 13-11-2018 at 07:25

I got logged out about 10 minutes ago - ok now.
Texium
Administrator

Mood: PhD candidate!

[*] posted on 13-11-2018 at 09:37

It's not the number of times you post in a day, it's just that you tried to post too frequently.

Come check out the Official Sciencemadness Wiki
They're not really active right now, but here's my YouTube channel and my blog.
DrP
National Hazard

Mood: exothermic

[*] posted on 14-11-2018 at 02:43

Quote: Originally posted by Texium (zts16)  
It's not the number of times you post in a day, it's just that you tried to post too frequently.

3 times? It wouldn't let me submit my 3rd post for the day.... but then it let me have a whole page worth of conversation with someone who was arguing based on a different definition of a word I was using... it went round in circles for ages and thankfully ended in the rubbish bin. My point still stands in that thread so I might bring it up again.... my point was lost in senseless arguing for nothing due to someone's misunderstanding. My point (I thought) was clear and correct and I wanted to counter the proposition that people have a right to do whatever they want - we don't - we have laws that restrict those rights.

Sorry Tex - This thread is pretty superfluous. I am not sure why I opened it now. You can delete it if you think it would clean the place up.

\"It\'s a man\'s obligation to stick his boneration in a women\'s separation; this sort of penetration will increase the population of the younger generation\" - Eric Cartman
j_sum1
Administrator

Mood: Organised

[*] posted on 14-11-2018 at 09:14

Flood protection is initiated if you attempt to make two posts or send two U2Us within one minute. Reporting spam also triggers it and locks you out of other activity for a while.
The only thing broke is that there are some spambots that manage to get areound it somehow.

Since the OP has requested this closed...
j_sum1
Administrator
Thread Closed
14-11-2018 at 09:14

Go To Top