Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Sword Forging!
Sedit
International Hazard

Mood: Manic Expressive

[*] posted on 24-3-2009 at 11:01

Quote:
If you went for the extreme-cleverness route, you could split the sword so that one side was negative, then a dielectric, then an internal positive core, then another dielectric, then the other side at negative. You could then add an LC-inversion circuit through the hilt, and perhaps provide a space at the tip of the sword for a TEA laser cavity. When triggering the LC circuit, it would rapidly ionize the air generating a UV laser. I'm also fairly certain that the cap could be discharged in other clever ways too.

Iv made many TEA lasers and theres a very small chance in hell that it would be possible to produce one in this form.

Pyrotechnics could be a fun addition if you could avoid blowing your arm off when resheathing your sword...

Knowledge is useless to useless people...

"I see a lot of patterns in our behavior as a nation that parallel a lot of other historical processes. The fall of Rome, the fall of Germany — the fall of the ruling country, the people who think they can do whatever they want without anybody else's consent. I've seen this story before."~Maynard James Keenan
watson.fawkes
International Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 24-3-2009 at 22:19

Quote: Originally posted by Belle  

HOWEVER, you didn't fold it 16,000 times. This is a math issue the ignorant don't seem to understand. (And before you get all up in arms, ignorant = unknowing, not stupid.)
16,000 folds, an internal structure of the material, is approximately 16384 of them, or 2^14, which is to say that so many folds are created by 14 folding operations.
chief
National Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 25-3-2009 at 07:59

Thats an interesting way to create materials, eg. bragg-mirrors (unpatentable hereby, because mentioned publically !) ...
Texium
Administrator
Thread Moved
19-11-2023 at 12:56
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top