Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Upcoming Sales
silveroranges
Harmless

[*] posted on 18-11-2018 at 06:31
Upcoming Sales

Hello! So I recently moved, and the movers that were transporting a large majority of my things managed to break literally EVERY SINGLE piece of laboratory glassware I had in a box. Quartz, boro, multiple distillation apparatus, soxhlet extractors, most of the glass was quality brands. All gone. Probably 3-4k in glass I had built up over the years. All well packaged, mind you, with fragile written in giant words all over the box. I was furious, and a bit confused as to how it could happen. Each piece was wrapped in bubble wrap, separated by peanuts. It was a large box, but relatively sturdy. I am still pursuing the company for damages, but honestly it doesn't look good.

Anyway, does anybody know of any websites planning on having a sale soon? I know black friday/cyber monday are coming up in a week, and I am starting from scratch for glassware. I have been just visiting random lab supply websites and subscribing to their newsletter when they have one, but none have been promoting any sort of sale that I can see.

Thanks!
DavidJR
National Hazard

Mood: Tired

[*] posted on 18-11-2018 at 07:11

Wow, that sucks. My condolences...
monolithic
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 18-11-2018 at 08:00

eBay has been doing site-wide 10-20% off coupons about every quarter. They might have one around Black Friday or Christmas. You can get quite a bit of decent Chinese glassware from sellers Deschem, Nanshinglass, etc.
silveroranges
Harmless

[*] posted on 18-11-2018 at 16:46

Thanks for the eBay suggestion, I think I will just be getting everything on there. Mostly buying cheaper stuff, but getting some good Pyrex stuff for reactions that require a little more safety/quality.

Going to wait till black friday though, see if a coupon or better sale comes up.
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 18-11-2018 at 17:00

I still have some things left, but mostly adapters, dist heads, adapters, and more, all used US made stuff. Also have lots of Soxhlets left. If you buy a few things, I can offer a volume discount. Once you figure out what you need to replace, let me know, and I can at least give you some prices to consider. Or just look at the latest spreadsheet in the "Glassware looking for a home" thread. Let me know where you moved for shipping costs.
silveroranges
Harmless

[*] posted on 20-11-2018 at 15:33

Definitely will be contacting you soon Dr.Bob, those soxhlets look mighty tempting, will pick up some other things I saw on the spreadsheet as well, but its going to have to be in a week or two. Just blew almost all of my black friday budget on a 3D printer me and my wife have been wanting haha. I wish I gotten to you before all the other items that were listed were sold.

I moved to Miami, FL.

Thanks!
monolithic
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 20-11-2018 at 19:47

15% off eBay coupon tomorrow only, site-wide, $100 max discount. Details are here. https://www.reddit.com/r/Ebay/comments/9yxhm4/tomorrow_1121_...

Go To Top