Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: What are the minerals that dissolves in oil?
sclarenonz
Hazard to Self

Mood: only the mission forget past

[*] posted on 20-11-2018 at 07:46
What are the minerals that dissolves in oil?

What are the minerals that dissolves in oil?
I'm looking on the internet and I'm not finding thanks for the help
walruslover69
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 20-11-2018 at 07:50

Oil like crude oil?
sclarenonz
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 20-11-2018 at 07:53

it's soy oil

I collected a red stone and triturated it and threw the soybean oil, the oil became red, I threw this oil in a milk that comes out of a tree and there was a polymerization in an interesting way
vmelkon
National Hazard

Mood: autoerotic asphyxiation

[*] posted on 20-11-2018 at 07:59

Can you be more specific?
You titrated? What chemical did you use?

Milk that comes out of a tree? Are you talking about the rubber tree?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hevea_brasiliensis
"In Brazil, the initial name of the plant was pará rubber tree."

Signature ==== Is this my youtube page? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tA5PYtul5aU
We must attach the electrodes of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance and give a few good jolts.
Yes my evolutionary friends. We are all homos here.
walruslover69
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 20-11-2018 at 08:02

I am confused. why did you have the idea of mixing the stone with the oil. and are you sure it is actually dissolved. It sounds like you probably just formed a suspension
DrP
National Hazard

Mood: exothermic

[*] posted on 20-11-2018 at 08:05

Something has initiated a poloymerization in the soy oil though. What does this 'triuated' mean? Could that have initiated polymerization in the oil?

Has it actually polymerised or just curdled with whatever you used to 'triurate' the stone?

\"It\'s a man\'s obligation to stick his boneration in a women\'s separation; this sort of penetration will increase the population of the younger generation\" - Eric Cartman
walruslover69
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 20-11-2018 at 09:05

Triturate is just to grind it into a powder
kulep
Harmless

Mood: Spicy

[*] posted on 20-11-2018 at 09:15

There are many tree species with milky resins, not only the latex tree. Most are toxic
vmelkon
National Hazard

Mood: autoerotic asphyxiation

[*] posted on 20-11-2018 at 17:17

Quote: Originally posted by kulep  
There are many tree species with milky resins, not only the latex tree. Most are toxic

I guess so.
At first, I was thinking of a small plant we have in Quebec. It's high is at most 50 cm. It is not a tree. If you rip a leaf or cut a stem, a milky liquid flows out.

I have no idea what makes it white. Most other plants have a colorless sieve (is that the word?).

Signature ==== Is this my youtube page? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tA5PYtul5aU
We must attach the electrodes of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance and give a few good jolts.
Yes my evolutionary friends. We are all homos here.
UC235
National Hazard

[*] posted on 20-11-2018 at 17:37

White sap is from a suspension of latex. It's white for the same reason milk is white and clouds are white. Mie scattering.

Lots of plants produce latex. Euphorbia species, milkweed and dogbane, figs, wild lettuce and dandelions, mulberries, poppies, oleander, balloon flowers, etc.
Ubya
International Hazard

Mood: I'm a maddo scientisto!!!

[*] posted on 21-11-2018 at 00:25

the powdered rock probably just made a suspention in oil, but we need more informations, what was the ratio of oil vs rock? like a slurry or more like a pinch of powdered rock in a glass of oil? then you mixed a milky sap, why? were you trying to make like oil paint? what was the plant you took the sap from? how much sap did you add? a drop? a liter? what do you exactly mean by " polymerization in an interesting way"? did the mix just got thicker or did it solidify?

---------------------------------------------------------------------
feel free to correct my grammar, or any mistakes i make
sclarenonz
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 21-11-2018 at 06:05

Triturate is like grind
the name of this tree is still unknown here, but most are called amapazeira.
this red stone with some marron and violet points, reacted with soybean oil, in that place there was a great indigent industry in the 1940s, it is in the middle of the forest, I know there is something of value in this stones, when I threw in the water after spending a lot of time in the sun, bubbles rose and that bubbles came back and sticking to the stone again.
the polymerization happened after I threw 20 ml of milk, and I threw 5 ml of the very red olei, a rapid solidification took place with crystals tips, I moved and that stretched making many crystals and drying very fast. I made a video but I can not post, the internet is very slow

[Edited on 21-11-2018 by sclarenonz]
kulep
Harmless

[*] posted on 21-11-2018 at 08:21

Quote: Originally posted by sclarenonz  
Triturate is like grind
the name of this tree is still unknown here, but most are called amapazeira.
this red stone with some brown and violet dots, reacted with soybean oil, in that place there was a great indigent industry in the 1940s, it is in the middle of the forest, I know there is something of value in this stones, when I threw in the water after spending a lot of time in the sun, bubbles rose and that bubbles came back and sticking to the stone again.
the polymerization happened after I threw 20 ml of milk, and I threw 5 ml of the very red oil?, a rapid solidification took place with crystals tips, I moved and that stretched making many crystals and drying very fast. I made a video but I can not post, the internet is very slow

[Edited on 21-11-2018 by sclarenonz]

Can the tree you are referring be any one of these?

Apocynaceae Parahancornia amapa
Apocynaceae Couma guianensis
Moraceae Brosimum rubescens
Moraceae Brosimum potabile
Moraceae Brosimum parinarioides

I don't know if tasting the sap would be a good idea as that site says, milky sap tends to be toxic but I don't know how much. If you could post even a couple of pictures it would be useful
sclarenonz
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 22-11-2018 at 05:09

brothers
is very similar to this species
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brosimum_rubescens
but there are hundreds of trees resembling a few different characteristics, this tree has a red bark and grows up to 50 meters, its leaves grow to the size of a palm and have a triangular shape, it has no roots showing on the surface
I will try to make a short video of 5 seconds and a very low quality and send tomorrow to you, you will like it, I did it for some children here and it was fantastic

[Edited on 22-11-2018 by sclarenonz]
sclarenonz
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 28-11-2018 at 09:46
i dont get make dthe movie the internet is very slow

more details
https://cienciadadapordeus.blogspot.com/

20181128_123809 (1).jpg - 259kB 20181128_123848.jpg - 200kB 20181128_123938 (1).jpg - 235kB 20181128_123938.jpg - 235kB 20181128_123903.jpg - 171kB

[Edited on 28-11-2018 by sclarenonz]

20181128_124505.jpg - 579kB20181128_124500.jpg - 567kB
fusso
International Hazard

[*] posted on 28-11-2018 at 12:10

A mineral is a naturally occurring chemical compound, usually of crystalline form and not produced by life processes. A mineral has one specific chemical composition. So minerals are inorganic and usually polar. And oils (organic, excluding silicones) are organic. So I don't think any minerals will dissolve in oil. Period.

Ubya
International Hazard

[*] posted on 28-11-2018 at 15:19

Quote: Originally posted by fusso  
A mineral is a naturally occurring chemical compound, usually of crystalline form and not produced by life processes. A mineral has one specific chemical composition. So minerals are inorganic and usually polar. And oils (organic, excluding silicones) are organic. So I don't think any minerals will dissolve in oil. Period.

well just because you think this it doesn't mean it's absolute truth, sulphur is a mineral and can be dissolved in toluene (organic) so as you can see there are more exceptions to the rule

fusso
International Hazard

[*] posted on 28-11-2018 at 15:33

Quote: Originally posted by Ubya  
Quote: Originally posted by fusso  

well just because you think this it doesn't mean it's absolute truth, sulphur is a mineral and can be dissolved in toluene (organic) so as you can see there are more exceptions to the rule
OK didn't realize that my bad. Well now you answered exactly what the question asks for OP!

kulep
Harmless

[*] posted on 28-11-2018 at 16:01

Well I am more inclined to think that it may be a suspension, if you add little oil or fat to colored dirt you can make a primitive paint paste.
As for the latex coagulation it is probably a reaction to anything you add to it, as it is an important part of the defense system of many plants. pH, particulates, bacteria, water%, temperature?
Ubya
International Hazard

[*] posted on 29-11-2018 at 01:34

@sclarenonz thanks for the pictures, now it's clear what you mean by polymerization.
maybe i have the answer
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emulsion_polymerization
the rock could contain iron (redox catalyst for this reacrion) so you could try by just mixing sap and oil and see if it polymerizes.
as the wikipedia page says in the "Ingredients" section, fatty acids are used as surfactants, vegetable oil as many fatty acids.

[Edited on 29-11-2018 by Ubya]

sclarenonz
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 30-11-2018 at 10:35

Thankyou ubya!

I tried to use only oil before, but to get the doubt I did it again and took the photo, the oil does not react is bubbled over the milk, in each tree with 20 ml, if you compare the number of trees by 50 meters I can take 1 liter per day
I tried to enter the site I want to understand the theoretical form about polymerization so I know the practice rustic

dddd.jpg - 33kBaaaaaa.jpg - 11kB
DrP
National Hazard

Mood: exothermic

[*] posted on 4-12-2018 at 04:47

Quote: Originally posted by kulep  
Well I am more inclined to think that it may be a suspension, if you add little oil or fat to colored dirt you can make a primitive

It still could just be thickening of the suspension or a curdling rather than polymerization. But the picture looked like there might have been some cross linking going on. Difficult to say from the picture. The OP seems to think it IS polymerising rather than just thickening though - so I guess we need to guess at what is initiating it. Maybe it is the iron as Ubya suggested... or a pH change due to the surface chemistry of the rock or something- idk. Maybe the polymer has just 'crashed out' of the emulsion.

[Edited on 4-12-2018 by DrP]

\"It\'s a man\'s obligation to stick his boneration in a women\'s separation; this sort of penetration will increase the population of the younger generation\" - Eric Cartman

Go To Top