Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: V-agent codes?
Ritter
Hazard to Others

Mood: Curious

[*] posted on 20-6-2008 at 13:05
V-agent codes?

Does anyone have a complete list of the V-agents that came out of the ICI insecticide research program in the early 1950s? VG is Amiton and VX is of course VX. I have found structures for VE, VM, VS & VR ('Russian VX'), but I'm interested in the others. For instance, the V-agent second letter code for the molecule patented in US2943015. It is claimed to be more potent that VG, a compound by itself that is nasty enough that it is claimed that the N Koreans have stockpiles of it. (See http://tinyurl.com/4qtu4f).

[Edited on 20-6-2008 by Ritter]

[Edited on 20-6-2008 by Ritter]

Ritter
=============================
\"The production of too many useful things results in too many useless people.\"

Karl Marx
Sauron
International Hazard

Mood: metastable

[*] posted on 20-6-2008 at 14:05

I do not believe that what you are asking for exists in the open literature, anywhere.

Sic gorgeamus a los subjectatus nunc.
Ritter
Hazard to Others

Mood: Curious

[*] posted on 21-6-2008 at 08:29

Quote:
Originally posted by Sauron
I do not believe that what you are asking for exists in the open literature, anywhere.

Tucker got some very sensitive (as in Secret) U.S. Army Chemical Corps reports on sarin process chemistry released under the FOIA. As the U.S. traded nuclear for CW info with the U.K. in the late 1950s, the list of V-agents from which VX was ultimately selected is probably locked up in a file cabinet in Edgewood. I'd file a FOIA request but with all this WMD hysteria since 9/11 I'd likely get both the information (heavily redacted, no doubt) & my name on a list at FBI HQ. I'm not writing a book on CW, so I'll let this one rest!

Ritter
=============================
\"The production of too many useful things results in too many useless people.\"

Karl Marx
Sauron
International Hazard

Mood: metastable

[*] posted on 21-6-2008 at 22:04

The special category of security classification is called CNWDI which stands for Chemical and Nuclear Weapons Design Information. A special clearance is required, which is to say, someone with an ordinary TS is not permitted to root around in this data.

As you are doubtless aware the crux of the V-agent SAR is the aminoethylthiol ester side chain and as any medicinal chemist will tell you, why is no mystery. It is the choline skeleton. In this case, thiated. This imparts the particular lock and key docking to cholinergic receptor sites and the nonbonded electrons on N and S are the hooks. The S also imparts lipophilicity, hence skin permeability, and the P-S bond is not very labile so the agent is persistant (relative to G-agents.) Hence an area denial weapon.

It is interesting to note that the O-ester is a primary one. In the G-series, it was the secondary O-esters that imparted the greatest toxicity, at least in concert with a fluorine moiety. Hence O-2-propyl is more potent that O-ethyl. O-pinacolyl is hindered so is less labile to hydrolysis than isopropyl, which is why GD is semipersistant.

Sic gorgeamus a los subjectatus nunc.
NovichokVX
ejected

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 3-12-2008 at 06:56

i know exist Ve , VG , VM , R , Vs and VX , but , exist other V and G agents ?! :o

Go To Top