Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Toluene based paint thinner composition
froot
Hazard to Others

Mood: refluxed

[*] posted on 3-7-2008 at 06:47
Toluene based paint thinner composition

Lately we havn't been able to source a certain type of toluene based fast drying paint thinner here at our company and I would like to explore the viability of opening an account with a major supplier and sourcing the ingredients to mix it myself. (You see with this account open I could also acquire any chemical I want at better prices! nudge nudge wink wink)

In the industry the thinner is known as 'Solumix' but I cannot seem to acquire it's composition. Maybe with a stroke of luck someone may know exactly what I'm talking about, or would there be a way to take a sample and determine it's composition by chemistry?

We salute the improvement of the human genome by honoring those who remove themselves from it.
Of necessity, this honor is generally bestowed posthumously. - www.darwinawards.com
ProChem
Harmless

Mood: Cynical

[*] posted on 3-7-2008 at 06:51

Found this on the web. need acrobat for pdf file

http://www.trianglesolvents.co.za/attachments/Solumix%20MSDS...

Hope this helps
froot
Hazard to Others

Mood: refluxed

[*] posted on 3-7-2008 at 06:57

Thanks Prochem, feel like an idiot now, google didn't produce much for me.

We salute the improvement of the human genome by honoring those who remove themselves from it.
Of necessity, this honor is generally bestowed posthumously. - www.darwinawards.com
Klute
International Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 3-7-2008 at 07:03

Well, your company should be able to ask for a MSDS to the distributor/manufacturor, they are compelled to indicate the major ingriendts to companies IIRC. Indeed, it would surely come out cheaper, depending on the volume used by your company, to aquire technical solvnets at very low price and do the mix yourself, even adapt it to your specific needs. I guess there might be other things than just solvent sin there too.

\"You can battle with a demon, you can embrace a demon; what the hell can you do with a fucking spiritual computer?\"

-Alice Parr

Go To Top