Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Deeb's revenge
ProChem
Harmless

Mood: Cynical

[*] posted on 30-5-2009 at 06:33
Deeb's revenge

Victor Deeb's attorney sees a solid case against Marlborough Mass.

http://www.metrowestdailynews.com/homepage/x473392692/Marlbo...

hope they win!
hissingnoise
International Hazard

Mood: Pulverulescent!

[*] posted on 30-5-2009 at 07:29

I hope Deeb comes out the Victor, and does it bigtime. . .I know you meant Deeb, but "they" seemed ambiguous!
And I hope it becomes a landmark case. . .

[Edited on 30-5-2009 by hissingnoise]
quicksilver
International Hazard

Mood: ~-=SWINGS=-~

[*] posted on 1-6-2009 at 04:55

A good attorney is not someone who can argue a case in court but someone who knows their Judges like they know their Statutes, case law, & rulings. If Deeb's attorney knows what judge will be sympathetic to what argument; the City or State will RUSH to settle.
I learned a long time ago to shop for an attorney who KNEW people, not someone who necessarily knew the law. A good paralegal may know a Hell of a lot more case-law than the partner in the firm but the attorney who really knows his judges will prevail most of the time.

Realistically, I see this as going to the sub seven figures route perhaps 750k. If he's really lucky he may see a million with the right person - especially someone who had a rotten time as a graduate student; getting their share of exploitation while working for a JD. Or someone whose husband worked for years; only to get the "rug pulled from beneath them". Judge shopping may be harder or easier, depending upon the circumstances. But I hope that town gets a charming little ass-whooping.
MagicJigPipe
International Hazard

Mood: Suspicious

[*] posted on 28-7-2009 at 12:44

"In addition, there were cases of unmarked bottles, leaking chemicals and rust in the lab, Wilderman said."

Rust in the lab? Rust in the lab!!

And I'll bet the atmosphere in the lab was contaminated with .03% CO2, 1% Ar and 2% H2O! Not to mention that deadly lethal formic acid in his yard and GALLONS OF THE HIGHLY DEADLY, CARCINOGENIC, BLOODTHIRSTY, DESTRUCTIVE, HOMICIDAL, MURDEROUS, POISONOUS, PESTILENTIAL, TOXIC, NON-GREEN CHEMICAL--BENZENE--was found in his automobile!

To think that someone could be so cold and so vile as to allow RUST to contaminate an area that contained DEADLY LETHAL chemical toxins. Just think of how many poor, sweet, innocent, docile, angelic, amiable babies he could've killed! On purpose!

Sorry for this one.

"There must be no barriers to freedom of inquiry ... There is no place for dogma in science. The scientist is free, and must be free to ask any question, to doubt any assertion, to seek for any evidence, to correct any errors. ... We know that the only way to avoid error is to detect it and that the only way to detect it is to be free to inquire. And we know that as long as men are free to ask what they must, free to say what they think, free to think what they will, freedom can never be lost, and science can never regress." -J. Robert Oppenheimer
entropy51
Gone, but not forgotten

Mood: Fissile

[*] posted on 28-7-2009 at 13:50

Well for goodness sake, he probably didn't have an MSDS for rust.

Seriously, there was an overturned truck on the interstate here once. The truck was carrying Iron Oxide. The hazmat guys pulled out the MSDS and found that it was an irritant, etc. etc. and went into full space suit mode. Traffic blocked for hours. Probably cost $50 K to clean up the offending material.
MagicJigPipe
International Hazard

[*] posted on 28-7-2009 at 18:31

Entropy, don't you care about THE CHILDREN! I mean, there was probably a daycare or elementary school within 20 miles of the accident! I get it. You just don't like children. You want them to be all irritated. Can you imagine the irritation those kids could have gotten?

Every bullshit law and regulation in this country (and others) should be labeled an irritant.

I will stop with the satirical posts. I swear.

"There must be no barriers to freedom of inquiry ... There is no place for dogma in science. The scientist is free, and must be free to ask any question, to doubt any assertion, to seek for any evidence, to correct any errors. ... We know that the only way to avoid error is to detect it and that the only way to detect it is to be free to inquire. And we know that as long as men are free to ask what they must, free to say what they think, free to think what they will, freedom can never be lost, and science can never regress." -J. Robert Oppenheimer
ammonium isocyanate
Hazard to Others

Mood: sick :(

[*] posted on 28-7-2009 at 20:26

Quote: Originally posted by MagicJigPipe  

I will stop with the satirical posts. I swear.

Please don't. How else am I supposed to get my kicks?

On a more on-topic note, I doubt that Deeb will win. Not that I don't think he should, but historically lawsuits angainst the USG over intellectual property rights don't go so well. Not to mention that home chemistry is not exactly smiled upon in the US.

MagicJigPipe
International Hazard

[*] posted on 29-7-2009 at 08:00

I agree, unfortunately. Another citizen raped by the government...

Saerynide
National Hazard

Mood: Ionic

[*] posted on 29-7-2009 at 09:32

I really hope he wins...

"Microsoft reserves the right at all times to monitor communications on the Service and disclose any information Microsoft deems necessary to... satisfy any applicable law, regulation or legal process"
bfesser
Resident Wikipedian

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 29-7-2009 at 09:42

Precisely why I keep the MSDS for water and compressed air in my MSDS binders.

MagicJigPipe, please, keep the sarcasm coming!

Go To Top