Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Brexit effect - reagent dry up from/to the UK
Heptylene
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 9-1-2019 at 02:17

Why would imports have to be declared after the brexit? To collect VAT and other taxes?
unionised
International Hazard

[*] posted on 9-1-2019 at 03:04

Quote: Originally posted by Heptylene  
Why would imports have to be declared after the brexit? To collect VAT and other taxes?

Because the agreement not to need a declaration will no longer exist.
The default for most countries is that goods imported mak be subject to controls- taxes, tariffs or ven bans.
Within the EU there is an agreement that all of those controls are substantially the same, and that payment in one country is sufficient.
So, for example, because the tax levied on wine is the same (or nearly so) in Germany and France, there's no need to check for border checks to look at wine- if it was bought in one country, the taxes have already been paid.

If you leave that agreement then the situation changes; the controls may be different. In that case, you need to check goods at the border.

This will, obviously, introduce delays.
From an amateus chemistry perspective it's a nuisance.
From the point of view of people requiring radiotherapy drugs, it's a potential death sentence.
But, in exchange for that, we do get to choose what colour passports we want.
DrP
National Hazard

Mood: exothermic

[*] posted on 10-1-2019 at 02:30

I read a stat the other day claiming that we have spend more billions so far in administration, consultation and preparation for brexit than we have paid into the EU funds since we joined it. The legal mess is still no-where near being competed.

I am more interested in the effect it will have on costs to import bulk raw materials for the industry I work in and whether or no all of our EU customers will still buy our products after Easter. I hope so. The UK have the same laws that the EU have, but we and others are still a implementing REACH things and SDS changes... it is an on going job... I hope we can still sell our wares to our customers later in the year with the same margins if we are able to at all.

Quote: Originally posted by unionised  
But, in exchange for that, we do get to choose what colour passports we want.

Being fair - I have not heard a single person give any argument as to what colour they should be - I think it was just the press stirring stuff up. The only people that I see going on about passports are remainers... no leaver cares about the colour - it is a misdirection from things that actually matter imo.

\"It\'s a man\'s obligation to stick his boneration in a women\'s separation; this sort of penetration will increase the population of the younger generation\" - Eric Cartman
Heptylene
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 12-1-2019 at 03:56

Thanks for the explanation unionised!
XeonTheMGPony
International Hazard

[*] posted on 12-1-2019 at 06:56

Quote: Originally posted by DrP  

Being fair - I have not heard a single person give any argument as to what colour they should be - I think it was just the press stirring stuff up. The only people that I see going on about passports are remainers... no leaver cares about the colour - it is a misdirection from things that actually matter imo.

Miss direction, miss information is all the remoaners really ever have. to surrender ones sovereignty for convenience is treason to the highest level IMO and any who sacrifice liberty for safety deserve neither and certain to lose both

Majority still want to leave. We need next is a Canit, first dump trodope in the middle east so he can have his fantasy as a white knight as they behead him, then trash the TTP and a few other things.
unionised
International Hazard

[*] posted on 12-1-2019 at 07:14

Quote: Originally posted by XeonTheMGPony  

Miss direction, miss information is all the remoaners really ever have.

Majority still want to leave. .

The majority do not want to leave.*
What was that you said about "misinformation"?

* even if nobody has changed their mind in the last 2 years, if you sent out the same ballot papers

and everyone voted the same way they did last time, the result would now be "Remain".
That's because many people have died in those 2 years and the demographics show that most of them were "leave" voters.

That's without taking account of facts liek the cost of Brexit has already exceeded the cost of staying.
There is no "brexit dividend"
and so on.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/dec/20/polls-...
unionised
International Hazard

[*] posted on 12-1-2019 at 07:21

Quote: Originally posted by DrP  

... The only people that I see going on about passports are remainers... no leaver cares about the colour - it is a misdirection from things that actually matter imo.

You can't have been looking.

The Leave campaign really did focus on Blue passports
Here's a picture of it.
https://qz.com/945119/article-50-after-brexit-one-in-three-b...

And another
https://www.politico.eu/article/british-passports-to-switch-...

But, you are correct.
It was one way in which they directed attention away from things that matter- like the impossibility of the Irish border.
fusso
International Hazard

[*] posted on 12-1-2019 at 08:03

Majority still want to leave. We need next is a Canit, first dump trodope in the middle east so he can have his fantasy as a white knight as they behead him, then trash the TTP and a few other things.
What's Canit, trodope and TTP?

XeonTheMGPony
International Hazard

[*] posted on 12-1-2019 at 08:16

Quote: Originally posted by fusso  

What's Canit, trodope and TTP?

As in Canada stop paying for every one ells and spend money on our own country.

Justin Truedoe, or current incompetent gutless soyboy of a PM of Canada (Got in due to pandering and shinny hair, failed drama teacher, typical elitist globalist type)

Trans pacific trade agreement (Tpt)
nezza
Hazard to Others

Mood: phosphorescent

[*] posted on 13-1-2019 at 06:55

TBH they've already killed amateur chemistry in the UK with their silly and draconian restrictions on acids and anything the morons can think of as "precursors". I can't see that Brexit will in any case make any difference to the import of legal reagents. I have already bnought stuff from non EU countries with no proiblems.

If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top